Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th November 2018, 22:31   #11
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Safe journey Bob, don't forget some pics when you get chance.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2018, 23:05   #12
david75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Conn SE, 04; Rover 75 1.8 conn, 02

Glad the travelling went ok, even if the actual outcome of the trip wasn't as satisfactory as you had hoped. And, yes, parking can be tricky at times round here. I was out and about in Southend around the time you were here but didn't see you. Never mind. Another time. Hope you have a safe trip back to the West.
Old 17th November 2018, 08:12   #13
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by david75 View Post
Glad the travelling went ok, even if the actual outcome of the trip wasn't as satisfactory as you had hoped. And, yes, parking can be tricky at times round here. I was out and about in Southend around the time you were here but didn't see you. Never mind. Another time. Hope you have a safe trip back to the West.
I just needed to get this over and done with David, but next time i’m Up in London i’ll Contact you and we can meet for a coffee.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2018, 18:41   #14
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Felt a bit deflated after yesterday....................

................................... even after Michael dragged me up to the pub. Nice meal and a few pints but I still felt lousy. We got back to the house and even after a LARGE Malt I still felt that it had not gone as planned. But Michael said go to bed and try and rest. Slept like a baby. Woke up and felt better.

So the plan today was to leave the car at the house and venture out on something called the “Tube”. We set of, eventually after Michael had a iffy moment. Down to Totteridge station and wait for the train. We got off at Highgate station and walked towards the ‘Flask’ pub, but it was closed. Good thing as well. Carried on towards Hampstead Heath. The sun was out and we had a glorious blue sky.

The downside was that I had not planned to go walking over the Heath so I only had my leather shoes, no walking boots. Nor did I have a thick coat but that was not needed. We walked round as far as Kenwood House where we stopped for tea and a cake, £8.95 for two teas and two cakes. Well, you are in a posh part of London.
After we left there the trip went steadily downhill, not just literally going downhill, but we got lost not once but twice. Not giving me much faith as i’m Supposed to be with an experienced walker, Michael walks over the Heath at least once a week.

By now my shoes were caked in mud, I had gone apex over base twice on the wet and muddy leaves. My back hurt, my knees were playing up and to cap it all Michael said he had no idea where we were. I was getting a bit tetchy by now. I got my phone out and tapped into the maps, did not help as the phone reckoned we was just outside Exeter. But after a drop kick across the Heath it re-set it’s self and guided us back towards Kenwood House, well I thought this was excellent. But Michael announced that we needed to turn round.

If I could have found a shovel I think I might have buried him in the forest. So back we went again, eventually found the right path and came out onto Willow Walk and into Flask Walk, top of the Hill was another “Flask” pub. That first pint of Young’s bitter never touched the sides. And only £4.90 a pint, not bad for posh Hampstead.
Michael suggested that we have another before getting the Tube back to Totteridge and maybe venture back to the Orange Tree for food.

And that’s where we have ended our day with a cracking meal and a couple pints of Doom Bar. Don’t think I’ll take a lot of rocking tonight.
Early start tomorrow as I’m off to the Ely breakfast meet before returning to Saltash.

Thanks for the comments. Tired now, catch you all tomorrow.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
Old 17th November 2018, 18:44   #15
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Safe journey Bob, don't forget some pics when you get chance.
Lots of photo’s once I’m back Wes.

onen hag oll
Old 18th November 2018, 07:59   #16
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Homeward bound......................

......................................... via The Ely Hotel in Camberly for the breakfast meet. I have Rover cushions to drop off for Keith. Sadly Redfive is a wee bit scruffy, suppose I’ll have to park in the corner.
Somewhat frosty here this morning.

Leaving at 8am and off up A1 to South Mimms then onto the M25 around as far as the M3 and down to junction 4A.
Once i’ve Left the Hotel then back onto the M3 and I’ll take a chance on the A303-A30 and onto the tail end of the M5 and finally onto the A38.

Don’t forget to wave, toot or flash should you see us.

I’ll post up photos once I’m home tonight or tomorrow.

Many thanks for reading and comments.

Next scheduled trip is in December with the Southwest Crew to IOW.

onen hag oll
Old 18th November 2018, 19:50   #17
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Home now after a lovely day...................

............................................. with lovely people.

Bade farewell to Michael and got to the Ely hotel in roughly an hour. Clean and green all the way. A good turn out yet again. 14 of us sat around the table and we played lucky dip breakfast, lucky to get what you ordered and dipping into the “spares” plate for the rest of what was missing.

After a chat and photo’s taken it was time for me to leave. Time was 11.45 am and I reckoned I would get to Allen n Vals by 4pm allowing for the traffic at Stonehenge. Bound to be loads of sightseers rubber necking from the road.
I actually pulled up at Allen n Vals at 15.25. Not much traffic anywhere on the route. Redfive was able to keep at Warp Factor 3 where applicable.
According to onboard fuel consumption thingy we were averaging 56.7 mpg. I’ll fill up tomorrow and work it out properly.

Home now after my roast chicken dinner followed by blackberry n apple crumble with custard. Washed down with a glass of Aussie white wine. And only 4 mugs of lovely tea. A HUGE THANK YOU to Allen n Val for looking after me and the house. It is much appreciated.

Redfive covered 591miles trouble free. All the work carried out by the garage and Matt Darke have certainly paid off.

Many thanks for the comments and advice.
Till the next tour I bid you all farewell. Photo’s to follow tomorrow.

onen hag oll
Old 19th November 2018, 16:18   #18
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Some photo's

Our Hampstead Heath jaunt.

Redfive resting.

The Tube, Northern Line.

Highgate station that was closed before it even opened in 1964. Been like it ever since.

The Flask pub at Highgate.

On the Heath
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0007.jpg (139.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0009.jpg (143.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0011.jpg (137.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0013.jpg (137.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0024.jpg (137.0 KB, 12 views)

onen hag oll