Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th February 2011, 21:51   #61
allegroman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Club SE: BRG, Deep Sea Green and plenty of options

After messing around with my centre console (removing everything to wire a power socket into the existing lighter) I've got the double 'ER' message and a non-functioning rear demist... and straightaway I find the relevant problem described, and solved, here

Now I just need a chance to check out the fuse when its daylight/not raining

Glad it's not as warm as down under...
Old 17th February 2011, 09:05   #62
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

2012 Honda Oddessay and 1996 Ford Ranger Truck (Splash)

Wow! what a thread... Great stuff to learn from this.

I remember when I lived in The Blue Mountains during the bush fires in the early 90's. Got to 47c a few times even up in the mountains.

Fun when it eventually rains and everyone runs out side to cool off. Can't see that happening in Shropshire.

Air-con is a must in Oz.

Edd
Old 25th August 2015, 18:40   #63
grantkwilson

MGZT

Default Same problem!

My car has been fine - until I started it today.
I have the Er message on both sides of the climate control display. Like this error, if I switch it to econ it doesn't error. The led on the rear demist does not light. The indicators and main beam, lights etc all work, but nothing lights up on the dashboard and the indicators don't flash or make a noise on the dash.
I have checked fuses 4, 5 and 11 and they look ok.
Whether or not it's linked, but we had very heavy rain yesterday. I've checked the drains and they all seem clear and dry, as is the carpet in the car.
Help !!
grantkwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 21:17   #64
grantkwilson

MGZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantkwilson View Post
My car has been fine - until I started it today.
I have the Er message on both sides of the climate control display. Like this error, if I switch it to econ it doesn't error. The led on the rear demist does not light. The indicators and main beam, lights etc all work, but nothing lights up on the dashboard and the indicators don't flash or make a noise on the dash.
I have checked fuses 4, 5 and 11 and they look ok.
Whether or not it's linked, but we had very heavy rain yesterday. I've checked the drains and they all seem clear and dry, as is the carpet in the car.
Help !!
A day and a half of dry weather and it's back to normal !
Old 27th August 2015, 21:49   #65
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantkwilson View Post
A day and a half of dry weather and it's back to normal !
Do you have parking sensors?
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2015, 18:46   #66
grantkwilson

MGZT

I don't. It must have been linked to the heavy rain but I couldn't find any damp patches or puddles !
Old 20th September 2015, 18:52   #67
crown
Gets stuck in

mg zt saloon

hi,
did you manage to solve the problem?? as I have the same issue.

mark.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]mods so far; auto boot lift mod, stainless steel back box, jvc double din head unit, vibe speakers, black oak dash, plenum mod, refurbished hairpins, retro fit illuminated sun visors k & n air filter,aero wipers.retro fit electric rear blind.
roewe front bumper with mg grill badge.new turbo vac pipes.
crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2015, 20:29   #68
ryszard
Gets stuck in

Moonstone diesel,X351 Jaguar and now MG ZT 260

Hi,had the ERR message on the heater control display on my launch car.Originally thought it was caused by having the battery out of the car for a few days on charge due to the alarm going off caused by a flat battery and due to no battery getting software mix up.I found the battery had discharged by noticing the sat nav disc holder was not powering down.Previously had no problem with it. Took the sat nav out to disconnect it and found a slight amount of water in the housing bracket and where the two connectors plug into the back of it.Water had just got onto the PCB inside on the power connection.Reading on previous posts decided worth a try and cleaned up the PCB with a brush and left it out in the sun to dry out.Seems I was one of the lucky ones as have put it all back with no ERR message and sat nav now powering down.Water ingress was caused by the chrome side trim.Ironically had previously done the other side as that is where I saw water ingress.Presumed I never did the other side as that had always been dry.Probably turning the car around and altering the lean angle that is how water crept in on that side.It was only a miniscule amount of water but enough to give me the ERR.If you do not have sat nav then all I can think it is down to a short somewhere else.Another area I looked at trying to work out why my alarm had gone off I took my bonnet switch out and found the two wires had been rubbing and were shorting or about to.Regards Ry...
ryszard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 15:45   #69
crown
Gets stuck in

mg zt saloon

Hi
I went through a massive puddle on Friday (nearside) I think I may have water ingress behind wing liner.could have a bare wire due to chaffing on the loom?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]mods so far; auto boot lift mod, stainless steel back box, jvc double din head unit, vibe speakers, black oak dash, plenum mod, refurbished hairpins, retro fit illuminated sun visors k & n air filter,aero wipers.retro fit electric rear blind.
roewe front bumper with mg grill badge.new turbo vac pipes.
crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2020, 08:29   #70
Geoff130
Loves to post

MG ZT 190, Rover 75 CDTi, Honda VFR 750, Honda CB550F

Just been looking for a fix for my A/C when I found this, same problem with ER both sides. It was fuse 34 in the end but a reverse connection to a new powerfold mirror was what blew it! Who would have thought operating a mirror could cause an error message on the heating when selecting demist.
Geoff130 is offline   Reply With Quote