Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th July 2020, 13:14   #1
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default GOOD NEWS! Brand new IPK LCD now available with new improved design!

BRAND NEW AND IMPROVED ROVER 75/MG ZT IPK LCD SCREENS NOW AVAILABLE!!!

PRICE £130 SUPPLIED AND FITTED WITH 12 MONTH WARRANTY WITH FACTORY. TAKING ORDERS ON 1ST 100PCs BEING MADE.

After hours and hours of time spent over the last 2 years trying to get new IPK LCD screens re-manufactured after the last supply dried up, we have finally succeeded in making these available again!

After not having much luck with LCD screen manufacturers in the UK, mainland Europe and US either due to lack of data on the original IPK LCD screens, or minimum order requirements of 1000pcs + high tooling costs which just wasn’t viable, I’ve been working closely with the factory who supplied the previous brand new IPK screens over the last 18 months to manufacture brand new replacements after the old stock ran out 2 years ago.

Biggest stumbling block was finding data on the pin out and IC driver for the original screens which the factory could not find any information on at all, same issue the EU and US manufacturers I contacted stumbled on as well. After many hours of detective work and research (amazing what you can find online if you look for long enough lol) I was able to locate part numbers and datasheets for the original components used for the screens. Believe it or not but the same IC driver was used in a Toshiba calculator in the 1980’s! This vital data made it possible to have these screens re-manufactured.

NEW IMPROVED DESIGN!

I’ve had the factory look into the cause of the lines on the IPK screens and look for a possible solution to resolve this issue. The lines appear on the old screens due to the chip bonding process used called Tape Automated Bonding which I’ve been told isn’t a processed widely used anymore due to the risk to solder integrity we have found on our cars. The new re-manufactured screens do not use this old process, replaced with a much more reliable design using flexible printer cable material and copper soldered connections.

I’ve been receiving samples to test over the last 4 months, and after some amendments and improvements to the screen clarity and contrast, these are now ready for fitting. I’ve currently been running one on my ZT and our 75 for some time now and very happy with the finished product.

PRICE:
These new IPK LCD screens are £130 supplied and fitted. At this price I’ve agreed a 12 month warranty period with the factory as well.

I’m currently having a batch of 100pcs made, which are expected to be ready and with me in September. So I am taking pre-orders on these on first come first serve basis. I’ve already got a list of 66 names down for those who put their names down a couple years ago when I thought I may be able to get more screens, all who I will be contacting directly if they’d still like to order one.

FITTING:
I highly recommend sending in your instrument cluster to have the screen fitted, as it is not an easy DIY fit (so DIY fitting isn’t recommended unless you are very competent with soldering and have the de-soldering and soldering tools requires). The micro connections on the LCD screen require soldering to the board, and if not done correctly the screen will not work. If a contact is broken during the fitting process the screen fails and is no longer useable.

Once the screen you’ve ordered is here, you can either book in to bring your 75/ZT to me to have the screen fitted, or you can send the cluster to me via post. Return postage for the postal option is £11 special delivery via Royal Mail. I accept clusters worldwide for repairs/screen replacements so if you require a return postage quote for outside of the UK let me know.

If you would like to order one or more screens, let me know below and I will send you the order and payment details via PM.

Been a long old process but glad these are finally available again

How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Old 16th July 2020, 13:29   #2
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

My IPK is getting to be almost unreadable as I have the computer bit as well so please add me to your list Rick.

Let me know of payment.

Also how do I remove the unit and when would you require it?

I will use a Courier as they pick up from house.

Last edited by Neil1; 16th July 2020 at 13:30.. Reason: Added
Old 16th July 2020, 13:35   #3
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Typical, just bought one two days ago from China (not the most favourite of countries) probably end up more expensive with customs etc. Will probably need help fitting it when I can do without the car for a couple of weeks (overseas postage).

Regards
Old 16th July 2020, 13:45   #4
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

That is brilliant news Rick, can you put me down for 2 (possibly 3 - I'll PM you shortly).

Well done for sorting and sourcing these new improved units
Old 16th July 2020, 15:18   #5
operamagorum
Loves to post

BMW 330i Touring

I think that I am on the original list, so YES PLEASE
Geoff
Old 16th July 2020, 15:50   #6
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
My IPK is getting to be almost unreadable as I have the computer bit as well so please add me to your list Rick.

Let me know of payment.

Also how do I remove the unit and when would you require it?

I will use a Courier as they pick up from house.
PM sent Neil

The instrument cluster is easy to remove, simply remove the 2 screws from the plastic black panel above the instrument cluster and pop that panel out. Then remove the screw in the top center of the cluster, pull it out and disconnect the two plugs at the back.

The screens that are ordered now will be here in September, as I've been told the first 100pcs will be ready by end of next month. So once the screens are here I'll be accepting clusters for installations

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Typical, just bought one two days ago from China (not the most favourite of countries) probably end up more expensive with customs etc. Will probably need help fitting it when I can do without the car for a couple of weeks (overseas postage).

Regards
If you need it fitted let me know. I would highly advise against trying to install it yourself unless you're very competent with soldering and have good desoldering and soldering tools. As the contacts on the screen are very small and brittle, and can easily be broken which kills the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
That is brilliant news Rick, can you put me down for 2 (possibly 3 - I'll PM you shortly).

Well done for sorting and sourcing these new improved units
Replied to your PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by operamagorum View Post
I think that I am on the original list, so YES PLEASE
Geoff
Yes you are indeed, number 62 on my list PM sent with order details if you'd like to order one.
Old 16th July 2020, 16:17   #7
Neil1

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
PM sent Neil

The instrument cluster is easy to remove, simply remove the 2 screws from the plastic black panel above the instrument cluster and pop that panel out. Then remove the screw in the top center of the cluster, pull it out and disconnect the two plugs at the back.
Payment made Rick and replied to your PM.

The joy of having a clear screen for a change, can't wait.
Old 16th July 2020, 16:25   #8
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Payment made Rick and replied to your PM.

The joy of having a clear screen for a change, can't wait.
Payment received thank you

Does yours have the lowline satnav that works on the IPK screen?
Old 16th July 2020, 16:31   #9
Neil1

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Does yours have the lowline satnav that works on the IPK screen?
I honestly don't know Rick.

I have an extra stalk which a Computer Symbol on.

Originally the car had the Highline System with the satnav dvd in the boot but was removed before I bought the car.
Old 16th July 2020, 16:40   #10
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
I honestly don't know Rick.

I have an extra stalk which a Computer Symbol on.

Originally the car had the Highline System with the satnav dvd in the boot but was removed before I bought the car.
Ah I see, when you said you have the computer bit I thought you mean't lowline satnav

I'll enable the digital speedometer as well when I fit the new screen for you if you don't have it enabled already
Closed Thread