Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th March 2017, 20:53   #1
Geoff130
Loves to post

MG ZT 190, Rover 75 CDTi, Honda VFR 750, Honda CB550F

Default Harman Kardon Amp schematic required

Hi, can anyone help with a schematic of the Harman Kardon amplifier, I have changed the speakers in my sub and doors but the amps are set up to match the factory speakers response. I would like to be able to try and adjust them to the new speakers. I know there are different versions and I have two, interestingly one has eight amps, two for the sub, four for the doors and two spares that aren't connected to the pre-amps, anyone know what the idea was?

The other one only has six amps fitted.
Geoff130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 14:06   #2
grog

Lotus Elise S1-VHPD, MG ZTT-190

the HK amp has DSP to set the EQ, crossovers and limiters (speed and level dependent)
unfortunately it's not possible to adjust unless you have the interface box and software from Harman,
grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2017, 22:34   #3
Geoff130
Loves to post

MG ZT 190, Rover 75 CDTi, Honda VFR 750, Honda CB550F

Thanks but I don't think these are programmable, there are ten BA14741 quad op-amps, three or four TA8233H power amps depending on the model, a TIP32C transistor to switch the power on and off and 7 small signal transistors scattered about. One op-amp buffers the four inputs and splits them between the four channel filters and the sub woofer drive which combines them into another op-amp that forms a low pass filter.

I've been toying wit the idea of using the BMW DSP amp but that will need more wiring to the doors and they don't seem too impressive on the BMW forums, not to mention expensive.

Last edited by Geoff130; 24th May 2017 at 22:39..
Geoff130 is offline   Reply With Quote