Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th September 2018, 10:10   #1
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Default question for ctek owners

Has anyone fitted the 'comfort' cable and if so where did you connect to please.

I have just purchased a CTEK MXS 7.0 with the intention of fitting the comfort cable but just realised that the battery post clamps aren't compatible.

SteveN
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2018, 11:44   #2
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Fortunately was able to connect mine directly to the battery clamps with no issues.
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2018, 11:46   #3
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln8458 View Post
Has anyone fitted the 'comfort' cable and if so where did you connect to please.

I have just purchased a CTEK MXS 7.0 with the intention of fitting the comfort cable but just realised that the battery post clamps aren't compatible.

SteveN
Yes, i fitted it to both of my cars. I drilled out tye ring tabs slightly and connected it either side of the fuse box
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2018, 11:51   #4
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

Just googled it ! In case anyone else is wondering , it's a battery charger
Old 9th September 2018, 11:56   #5
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,631 Posts

I managed to connect mine directly to the battery clamps too although, this is on my MGF not my ZTT.

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
mininuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2018, 13:24   #6
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
Yes, i fitted it to both of my cars. I drilled out tye ring tabs slightly and connected it either side of the fuse box
Thanks David, I have the 8mm ring terminals so hopefully no need to drill them out.

SteveN
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Old 9th September 2018, 14:21   #7
crazy frog
Avid contributor

MG ZTT Cdti 135 + Auto

I Have Halford 8 stage smart charger (think its made by Ring) similar to C Tek specs and size.

I wired my equivalent Weather proof comfort cable to the battery terminals then connected it to the charger under the bonnet, routed the wire over the plenum drain( leaving the connection under the bonnet) then under the wing edge by the A pillar door hinges and over the rubber door seal (never had any leaks) and into the glove box where its sat for 2 years.
This has meant I can charge/condition the battery by putting an extension lead in the footwell and locking the car with the extension lead coming out over the bottom door seal. Open the door ,open glovebox plug in lock door 20 seconds Done!
If I ever need it for my other car I can have it out in 30 seconds with crocodile clip accessory cable. But I find it very handy secure and quick as I don't drive my MG ZTT often and like to keep the battery charged.
Not the same as some Bentleys that have exactly the same setup in their boots, but its been fine for me.
Paul .
P.s make sure its positioned correctly where it passes the A pillar door hinge so it doesn't get caught or chaff.
Old 10th September 2018, 07:18   #8
cb750chris
Trader

Rover 75 Tourer

If I were to fit anything like this to my car, I would ad an inline fuse between the battery and the charger plug (as close to the permanent live as possible), say perhaps 10A?(double the expected output of the charger).
As this could prevent a possible fire due to trapped cables - a battery can deliver lots of amps, which in turn can create a lot of heat...

Replacement keys programmed / supplied / cut

Diesel 135 upgrade available

IPK virginisation and T4 matching available

Sorry, due to a big change in home circumstances, I am unable to do any large jobs at present, but can still offer evening time diagnostics.
cb750chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2018, 08:21   #9
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb750chris View Post
If I were to fit anything like this to my car, I would ad an inline fuse between the battery and the charger plug (as close to the permanent live as possible), say perhaps 10A?(double the expected output of the charger).
As this could prevent a possible fire due to trapped cables - a battery can deliver lots of amps, which in turn can create a lot of heat...
Good Point, I already have a new cable on order with an inline fuse (10A I think) and the traffic light indicator.

SteveN
Rear seat cup holders.

Old 10th September 2018, 09:52   #10
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Do a search on my name MSS and CTEK connector. It will show photos of how you can use the existing battery connector and thin nut for the comfort type connectors.

Here you go

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...=274635&page=7

A fuse close to the battery is a must.

Last edited by MSS; 10th September 2018 at 10:00..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote