Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th November 2018, 15:46   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Mini tour starts tomorrow..............

.................................... with Redfive being my chosen motor for this trip. Off up to the smoke and staying at Michaels in North London. Going for a very special reason which I’ll reveal later on.

I must also visit Val’s grave as I’ve not been there since August on what would have been our 25th wedding anniversary. Going to be catching up with a few neighbours from Barkingside plus seeing friends in Enfield, Dartford and Hackney. And attending the Ely breakfast meet on Sunday, where I’ll be dropping off some cushions.
Then I’ll be returning home to Saltash.

So should you see us heading up the A38, M5, M4 and onto the M25, oh! How I have missed the car park, not. Then coming off at South Mimms and towards Totteridge. Don’t forget to flash, toot or wave.

I’ll keep the diary running as I know we have a following.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2018, 19:20   #2
Cable Tie
Regional Secretary

Orange grove ztt cdti

Thanked 1,381 Times in 818 Posts

Safe journey bob
Old 14th November 2018, 19:47   #3
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

See you Sunday mate...I'll shout you breakfast
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2018, 20:07   #4
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Safe journey.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2018, 14:19   #5
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Uneventful trip.....................

........................................... in four and half hours including one stop. Redfive gobbled up the 252 miles without and problems at Warp Factor 3 where applicable, other than the roadworks. Even the M25 was kind with no delays whatsoever. Our only hold up was from South Mimms towards Sterling Corner on the A1. There had been a fatal crash on t’other side. So the approach roads were solid. But I took the road towards Arkley, where they made the wee sports car years ago, and skirted around the hold ups.

Parked on the overgrown driveway at Michaels only to find he had gone to work, but I have keys and after entering Fort Knox i’m Now unwinding with a cup of cha, and maybe another one in awhile.

Saw a MK 1 White Gold Tourer on the A38, they were Southbound, at the Newton Abbot turn off. Next sighting was not till the M4 when a 05 plate ZT swept past. Le Mans Green I think. Next was a Orange MG GS. Other than the Trophy Yellow ZR that followed me over the Tamar no-one else was seen.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
Old 16th November 2018, 08:12   #6
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool The main reason why I’m here is.......................

......................................... to finally get the answers surrounding the circumstances for my brothers death a year ago.
Some of you may remember that I received the news that my brother David had not only passed away but the funeral had been held without my knowledge. Gutted is one way of putting it.

Any way to cut a long story short I have finally got my sister in law to meet me and discuss the issue. Naturally enough I’ve had to travel up to get the answers. We are meeting at her solicitors at 11am in Southend on Sea. I plan to leave here at 9am and travel down.

Last night my brother in law Michael cooked an excellent meal, well sort of. Roast duck breast without the orange sauce, broccoli spears, baby corn on the cob and one, yes just one, potato waffle. It was nice but not very filling. Michael then asked if I would like some fresh fruit for dessert. I was expecting a fruit salad but I just got the choice between an apple or a pear. I chose the conference pear and he had the apple. Still it’s the thought that counts.

By 10pm I was really tired, I left him watching the news about the Brexit deal, we had only watched the news 5 times in the evening.
Climbed into the softest bed I know and nodded straight off. My bladder woke me up, twice. But other than that slept well.
Tea? Oh! Go on then i’ll Have another cuppa before setting off.

onen hag oll
Old 16th November 2018, 08:17   #7
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Have a good trip to Southend Bob, don’t forget to stop off for lunch with Jeff in Clayton on your return.
Old 16th November 2018, 18:02   #8
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Things did not go to plan....................

.............................................. but then I’m not surprised.

Got to the solicitors with minutes to spare. Journey was bad enough but finding somewhere to park was the biggest problem, a ZT is not the easiest to get into tight spaces. Finally left Redfive in a supermarket car park and walked to the office. Waited to be ushered into the office to find my sister in law not there. Not in the least bit surprised. Basically I was given a sealed envelope, but first I had to confirm my address.

That caused a bit of concern as they didn’t know I had moved. But I had prepared for this and taken paperwork along confirming my new address, although I was not expecting to have to show proof just to get this envelope.
Anyway in and out in less than 10 minutes. I kept the envelope sealed. Not sure what the contents would reveal but wanted to be in the right frame of mind when I opened it.

Drove back to my friends house in Enfield North London, Emma and Kevin have been very good friends over the years. And I did say that I would pop in for a cuppa or two. I stopped off and bought some flowers and cake to take with me, kept looking at the envelope. But still not ready to open it.
Once parked up at Emma’s I went inside to find my tea waiting for me. We sat and chatted but the envelope was now burning a hole in my pocket. I explained to Emma and Kevin why I was back in London.
They both said that they would leave the room if I wanted to open it. But I said no, your house and it’s cold outside.

But after another cuppa I did open up the envelope and all the note inside said was where my brothers ashes had been scattered. Totally another insensitive worded letter. And where is ashes are is not where I expected they would be. He lived in Essex but his ashes were now in Sussex.
Still I have at least that info for now. And I’m now prepared to leave it at that.
I will now travel up on my brothers birthday and pay my respects and to lay flowers.

I said my goodbyes and travelled back to Michaels in the rain. Kept my mind on the road and not on the what if’s. No point dwelling on things, will only wind me up and that will lead to a accident.
Got back to my digs, sorry Michaels. Went in and gave the letter to Michael. He was not surprised at the contents nor was he surprised that she had not attended the meeting.
“Shall we pop up to the Orange Tree for a pint and a bite to eat, I have booked a table”, suggested Michael.

The first pint never touched the sides.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 16th November 2018 at 18:04.. Reason: New iPad cannot spell.
Old 16th November 2018, 18:08   #9
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Have a good trip to Southend Bob, don’t forget to stop off for lunch with Jeff in Clayton on your return.
Clacton is too far away from Southend on this particular day. Maybe another time.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 16th November 2018 at 18:08.. Reason: Spellin’
Old 16th November 2018, 22:27   #10
Cable Tie
Regional Secretary

Orange grove ztt cdti

Thanked 1,381 Times in 818 Posts

Sounds some piece of work that one bob