Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd August 2023, 05:48   #14251
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

The local MG clubs big annual show is this Saturday so I have been polishing up the ZT-T to attend. I don't normally enter their shows but with it being the MG 100th I thought I would give it a go.
I expect I'll be spending the whole show dusting off the ash from the wildfires. Fortunately smoke and ash are the only effects we are getting where I live. Others a hundred or so miles away don't have it nearly as good however.

Edit/Update: The show turned out to be a bit of a bust. Poorly organized, poor turnout, and NO dash plaques! Normally I could care less about not getting one but with this being the 100th anniversary of MG I thought there may be something special to mark the occasion.
Unfortunately the local club is a mixed Jag/MG club and the focus of the event was a concours for the Jag people. It sort of left me with the impression that the MGs were only there to pay for the Jag event. Disappointing.
To top it off a mate's MG refused to start after the event and we spent a couple of hours waiting for a flatdeck to arrive to recover the car.

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 13th September 2023 at 16:20..
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2023, 12:42   #14252
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts
Default roof lining on the 260

finally had a sunny day except for 5he odd drizzles after i was half way through

now to wrestle it back in

C
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2023, 14:18   #14253
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
finally had a sunny day except for 5he odd drizzles after i was half way through

now to wrestle it back in

C
HI Chris.
looks good is/was it new material, or did you use the original, and special tools used to smooth it out, how long did you leave the glue to go tacky, or didn't you, it all helps along with the photos

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2023, 11:54   #14254
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
HI Chris.
looks good is/was it new material, or did you use the original, and special tools used to smooth it out, how long did you leave the glue to go tacky, or didn't you, it all helps along with the photos
---------------------------------------------------------

New material from EU fabrics on Amazon.. its a lighter shade that the original drab grey

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WV4WY...roduct_details

No tools just hands and scissors.

The spray glue
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

spray on leave for a couple mins to go dry and carefully smooth it out do a bit a time, it can be undone if careful and re-positioned
Leave a 50 mm or so around the edges to fold over and stick down , material has got a bit of stretch so will go round compound curves a bit.

i've found it best to not cut out any holes for handles. sunshades etc until the lining is fitted in and in place , as the screw holes etc are rarely in the middle of the holes .

C
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Last edited by ceedy; 25th August 2023 at 14:39..
ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2023, 21:46   #14255
Tenesmus
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Nice. I came here to post about the newly-covered (not by me) lining that me and a mate got back in on Thursday.

Then the interior lights fuse popped, and kept popping.

Which I managed to fix today. Have a guess what had happened...
2005 Connoisseur 2.5 auto SE Tourer in BRG with Sandstone Beige and Black piping interior (the 2nd of only 7 Rover 75s produced 5th November 2004, and it’s the 244th of 303 facelift British Racing Green 75 tourers built worldwide). All I've done is add Rover walnut gear knob and handbrake...

2016 Vauxhall Viva SL (Father Jack) "assisted manual" (auto) in purple. Going rusty underneath already...

Tenesmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2023, 16:57   #14256
TomTheTyke
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur, MG TF 80th Anniversary

Default Admitted defeat and phoned the garage.

I got an advisory on the MOT recently for play in the offside inner tie rod joint.

Thought at 50k+ and 22 years old probably worth doing the pair, and given you've got to get the track rod ends off to do the inner tie rods, might as well do those as well, since I've got no reason to believe they're not original.

Went out yesterday anticipating a bit of steady tinkering.

Found everything seized. Couldn't undo the TRE nut, tried to bypass this as I was doing the inner and outer, but couldn't turn the inner tie rod having knocked off the balljoint.

Gave up after about 4 hours of annoyance, Plusgas, underseal and blood!

So into the garage it goes tomorrow. Bit of a reverse having succeeded in doing my air con condenser the other month, but you win some you lose some and the car needs sorting ready for work next week.
TomTheTyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2023, 14:32   #14257
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Predictably my airbag warning light came on a few days before it's MOT which is exactly what it did last year so whilst i was at my fathers had the seat up and remade all the connections so the light has now gone out presumably until a few days before the MOT next year. Got a toot and a wave from a pre war Rolls as it went past while i was out working on the car

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2023, 17:53   #14258
YHT
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Lost the clutch pedal a few days ago and drove 100 miles home without a clutch. There was no spring pressure to push the pedal back. Humph!!! (or words of similar frustration)
Thought I would try "back-flush" method of bleeding the hydraulics really to try and see if it was the master or slave cylinder that had gone. Having back flushed/bled it adding hydraulic oil with a plastic pipe and oil can the hydraulics work and I have not seen any puddles. Think I wil put some newspaper under the gearbox bell housing and look closer at the master cylinder and possibly push the pedal down and leave it all under pressure over night. Fingers crossed!!!
YHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2023, 15:27   #14259
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Braking Bad!

No not the popular TV series...

I took the car for an early MOT test today, the current certificate expires at the end of the month. Predictably it failed but not on any major defect, the car just couldn't make the emissions standards set by HMG's MOT... Not startlingly bad, just the Lambda reading was marginally high (1.06 instead of max 1.03). The CO2 and HC readings were well within the allowed margins. Anyway the tester spotted the exhaust back-box was very corroded and blowing a bit, and suggested this as a possible cause of that problem. No other failures or advisories.

As I drove away I had planned to get a new (replacement) back-box and get it fitted and be back for a retest pdq...

Driving home I found the brakes considerably less effective than they had been on the way to the test station, with increased pedal travel, and spongy feel - when I got home I discovered I had left a trail of brake fluid from the centre of the underside of the car - a corroded brake pipe has failed - possibly because the tester pressed the pedal with more force than I would normally do...

Looking at the trail of brake fluid it appears the line had fractured as I left my home - there was enough fluid to pass the MOT test - the tester remarked one of the rears was lower power (although within limits) than the other. Anyway all sorted now, when I get retested for LAMBDA output with replacement back-box the tester will redo the brakes too!

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Last edited by Lagetha; 13th September 2023 at 13:36.. Reason: Update
Lagetha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2023, 19:33   #14260
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

You have to thank the tester for causing the leak. Just be grateful that you were not far from your house.