Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 7th November 2012, 15:00   #1
JennyMac

Rover 75 Saloon

Question 2001 Rover 75 V6 2.5 Connoisseur Auto 89k – SPARES OR REPAIRS £350 – NOW SOLD -

Welcome to my ad for my 2001 (51 reg) Rover 75. She’s the 2.5 V6 Petrol Automatic Connoisseur model and the mileage is 89,120.

Good Points
She comes complete with 1 remote fob and key, the V5 and MOT records for the last 3 years. The MOT is due in May 2013 and she is taxed until 30th April 2013. She starts and drives well with no problems
The interior features a walnut dash with trip computer, service indicator, Radio/Cassette, and remote audio control. She has air conditioning, climate control, power assisted steering and black leather seats with cream piping – all in great condition – no rips or tears. The front seats are also height adjustable electric seats with lumbar supports, memory and heating. The car also has front and rear electric windows, driver and passenger air bags, an alarm and remote central locking.
Externally she is a 4 door automatic saloon in metallic red with body coloured bumpers, alloy wheel, ABS and front fog lights. She is HPI clear and the paintwork is generally in good condition though there are a few scrapes to the front and rear bumpers and a bit of rust round the back right wheel arch, but this would be expected with a 2001 model.

Bad Points
A 6 stack CD multiplayer is installed but the stacking mechanism is missing, meaning that CDs cannot currently be played.
The foot well bonnet release pull lever is faulty but I have purchased a new one that is included in the sale.
After purchasing the car in early September of this year I took her in for a service and the service identified that she was unroadworthy due to a missing brake pad carrier and unsecure radiator. I will attach photos of the service report so these details and others can be found. I took the car back to the dealer, and as the attached copy of their letter indicates the missing brake pad carrier was replaced and the radiator resecured. However, the service report identified other issues that will require fixing in the future (and the service guys noted that the front bumper is not original and they suspected it may have been in an accident that has not been reported) and I have realised I don’t have enough knowledge to fix it and don't want to send her to the scrap heap if she can prove viable or useful.

If you'd like to view the car please message me.

Thanks for reading
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1241.JPG (43.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1245.JPG (27.4 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1250.JPG (36.2 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg Halfords Service Report 1.jpg (37.0 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg Halfords Service Report 2.jpg (37.1 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by JennyMac; 7th November 2012 at 17:21.. Reason: Preparing for photos
Old 7th November 2012, 15:04   #2
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Think a price has to be stated

Club rules I'm afraid !

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Old 7th November 2012, 15:05   #3
Petetourer
This is my second home

None at present

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMac View Post
Welcome to my ad for my 2001 (51 reg) Rover 75. She’s the 2.5 V6 Petrol Automatic Connoisseur model and the mileage is 89,120.

Good Points
She comes complete with 1 remote fob and key, the V5 and MOT records for the last 3 years. The MOT is due in May 2013 and she is taxed until 30th April 2013.
The interior features a walnut dash with trip computer, service indicator, Radio/Cassette, and remote audio control. She has air conditioning, climate control, power assisted steering and black leather seats with cream piping – all in great condition – no rips or tears. The front seats are also height adjustable electric seats with lumbar supports, memory and heating. The car also has front and rear electric windows, driver and passenger air bags, an alarm and remote central locking.
Externally she is a 4 door automatic saloon in metallic red with body coloured bumpers, alloy wheel, ABS and front fog lights. She is HPI clear and the paintwork is generally in good condition though there are a few scrapes to the front and rear bumpers and a bit of rust round the back right wheel arch, but this would be expected with a 2001 model.

Bad Points
A 6 stack CD multiplayer is installed but the stacking mechanism is missing, meaning that CDs cannot currently be played.
The foot well bonnet release pull lever is faulty but I have purchased a new one that is included in the sale.
After purchasing the car in early September of this year I took her in for a service and the service identified that she was unroadworthy due to a missing brake pad carrier and unsecure radiator. I will attach photos of the service report so these details and others can be found. I took the car back to the dealer, and as the attached copy of their letter indicates the missing brake pad carrier was replaced and the radiator resecured. However, the service report identified other issues that will require fixing in the future (and the service guys noted that the front bumper is not original and they suspected it may have been in an accident that has not been reported) and I have realised I don’t have enough knowledge to fix it and don't want to send her to the scrap heap if she can prove viable or useful.

If you'd like to make me an offer or view the car please message me or call me on .

Thanks for reading

You need to state a price I am afraid...

Also, Think your mobile number will be removed as its not allowed...

Then a 2002 MG ZT-T CDTI + in Starlight Silver

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.5 V6 180 + in Royal Blue

Then a 2002 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connie SE

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.0 CDTi + In Le Mans Green
2004 1.8T ZT-T + In Goodwood Green

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 7th November 2012, 15:11   #4
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

It's another silly club rule that about phone numbers.
If you put the ad in a news paper or on Pistonheads for example, it would be a pretty pointless ad without a contact number.

I've not been given a decent reason why phone numbers cannot be used on this forum.
Sorry for hijack which will probably be removed shortly also..........

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Old 7th November 2012, 17:19   #5
JennyMac

Rover 75 Saloon

Smile Thanks for tips and advice!

Hi all

I've made the changes as suggested.

Thanks for helping me out.

JennyMac
Old 7th November 2012, 17:35   #6
Dominic22
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V8 Plus Others

Hi Jenny

What is the colour, always a little difficult to tell from photos as Rover had a few Red's, is it Damson red, the 3 digit code will be on the door post. Damson Red is code CEB

Thanks

Dominic
Old 7th November 2012, 17:39   #7
Petetourer
This is my second home

None at present

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMac View Post
Hi all

I've made the changes as suggested.

Thanks for helping me out.

JennyMac

I may be being blind, but I still cannot see a price

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 7th November 2012, 17:51   #8
Lost Soul
Gets stuck in

Jaguar S Type Sport

In the title £350
Old 7th November 2012, 18:04   #9
Petetourer
This is my second home

None at present

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Soul View Post
In the title £350

Oops.... Read it all, but not the title....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 9th November 2012, 14:56   #10
JennyMac

Rover 75 Saloon

Smile Sold!

Hello all

Thanks for all your advice re: my Rover 75. I am happy to report she sold this morning to a forum member.

JennyMac
Closed Thread