Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th August 2013, 10:10   #1
gibbo64
Regular poster

Zt-t+ Cdti 135

Default 2mnth highline issue!

Hi guys i have asked on here before about my highline system faults and got replys from andyg2011 who was very helpfull.

However my 2 mnth problem goes on so please can anyone throw me ideas as what the hell to do plz?

When i bought my 2004 zt t the head unit had no power, nothing on screen and no orange light.
My nav unit in boot has power my cd changer in glove box has power. I have checked connections to my radio and tv unit and all looks good.
So far off this site i have bought radio, tv, and head unit off members to try and resolve this.
Head unit arrived today and i was thinking my nightmare was over but no nothing!!!

plz plz can someone put me out of my misery? cheers mark
gibbo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 10:36   #2
gibbo64
Regular poster

Zt-t+ Cdti 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbo64 View Post
Hi guys i have asked on here before about my highline system faults and got replys from andyg2011 who was very helpfull.

However my 2 mnth problem goes on so please can anyone throw me ideas as what the hell to do plz?

When i bought my 2004 zt t the head unit had no power, nothing on screen and no orange light.
My nav unit in boot has power my cd changer in glove box has power. I have checked connections to my radio and tv unit and all looks good.
So far off this site i have bought radio, tv, and head unit off members to try and resolve this.
Head unit arrived today and i was thinking my nightmare was over but no nothing!!!

plz plz can someone put me out of my misery? cheers mark
Just found a orange and grey striped wire which is thicker than the others and has a silver connector on the end which goes to nothing, this is located just up above my fuse box tied up with other wires. ANY IDEAS??
Old 6th August 2013, 11:02   #3
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

Default ...

Hi , the connectors to the head unit all plugged in ..yes
connectors to all boot add ons plugged in....yes
there is a large block connector in the depths of the dash behind and down (was on the left hand side in mine) from the ashtray unit....make sure this is also plugged in as this is the one that connect the head unit to the add ons in the boot...if this has been connected already , forgive me...its just the car i have it wasnt and as soon as connected ...hey presto..good luck

Nige B
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 12:03   #4
gibbo64
Regular poster

Zt-t+ Cdti 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeeb View Post
Hi , the connectors to the head unit all plugged in ..yes
connectors to all boot add ons plugged in....yes
there is a large block connector in the depths of the dash behind and down (was on the left hand side in mine) from the ashtray unit....make sure this is also plugged in as this is the one that connect the head unit to the add ons in the boot...if this has been connected already , forgive me...its just the car i have it wasnt and as soon as connected ...hey presto..good luck
Cheers for this info is this a rectangle black box below the glove box? or is it a connector below where the head unit sits?
I have not had this info before so would like to know exactly as this may well be the issue, or i would like to hope so!

mark
Old 6th August 2013, 12:06   #5
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

Quote:
Cheers for this info is this a rectangle black box below the glove box? or is it a connector below where the head unit sits?
I have not had this info before so would like to know exactly as this may well be the issue, or i would like to hope so!

mark
On mine it was at down in the unit behind the ashtray ..similar size black connector to the radio unit in the boot...to be honest not sure if its same on aall the cars but it was there and unplugged on mine..you may find its the same on yours .sorry cannot be of more help..cheers..follow the wires from the plug from the headunit downwards ...

Nige B
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 12:41   #6
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

It can be really frustrating not being able to get to the bottom of a problem, especially when you're spending trying to get it sorted.
I know it's a bit of a trek but it might pay you to make a trip down to one of the Metro Centre meets and see if one of the guys can identify anything.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 16:52   #7
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

Quote:
Just found a orange and grey striped wire which is thicker than the others and has a silver connector on the end which goes to nothing, this is located just up above my fuse box tied up with other wires. ANY IDEAS??
the orange grey wire is the towbar feed wire it can be used for other things of course