Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th April 2017, 23:46   #1
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts
Thumbs up The "classic insurance" for 75 / zts thread...

As many of our cars are now approaching anywhere up to 19 years old now i felt it was time that we had a single consolidated thread where we could advise and discus classic insurance for our cars.

Below will / is a list of companies who offer classic insurance for our cars along with the age and any other requirements necessary.

I require members to provide the information and i will update it as people go along.

Hopefully this will benefit many members and keep cars in the family that may have been sold or scrapped otherwise due to economical situations.

List of companies offering classic / future classic - Phone numbers, contact etc

National brands

Telephone Team: 01277 650866

Requirements

1) Be aged 21 or over
2) Have held a full UK license for at least 3 Years
3) Have 1 or more years actual no claims bonus (NCB) in your own name, in use upon this (or another vehicle in your name). Or company car driving experience where you have been the main user (taking the vehicle home daily)

NB some additional information

Cover for imported vehicle models (which due to system improvements do not need to be recognised by the Association of British Insurers) is also available.
Track day cover is available as a per event option for customers that are covered with us.
Protected bonus is available as an option for drivers aged 22 or over with 5 or more years NCB in their own name also
Mirrored NCB - Providing you have a good driving history we are able to match our equivalent percentage discount for the years that you have earned upon your first vehicle to a 2nd vehicle (NB. the first vehicle does not need to be covered with us)

England only

Scotland only

Wales only

Northern Ireland only

Campbell Autoline - Coleraine branch

Requiments

25+
Other main car (can be named also)
2 annual payments or 1 lump sum

Cars considered on individual basis

Address: 38 Railway Rd, Coleraine BT52 1PE
Phone: 028 7034 4321

----------------------------

I myself have had 75 and zt's on a classic policy now since 2012 problem free and I hope others can find the same luck that I do.

2017 policy

£330 pa

Autoline (northern ireland, discount applied for being member of a BOVC registers classic car club).

5000 miles between all vehicles
Agreed values not market ones

Vehicles on policy

2001 75 diesel tourer
2002 zt-t 190
2003 75 diesel tourer

Last edited by Robson Rover Repair; 13th April 2017 at 01:57..
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 23:13   #2
Rían P
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Was actually wondering about this the other day Colin, and whether or not the cars are eligible for classic insurance? How old do cars usually need to be to qualify for it.

Good thread!
Rían P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 01:56   #3
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rían P View Post
Was actually wondering about this the other day Colin, and whether or not the cars are eligible for classic insurance? How old do cars usually need to be to qualify for it.

Good thread!
Well as I said above, ive had at least one of my 75 or zts insured as a classic or future classic for the last 7 years now.

7 years ago I was insured with Greenlight on my 2002 ZT 160 v6, they gave me a future classic policy, which essentially was a mirrored regular policy, but down as second car and treated as a classic. Very good to deal with and happy with modifications. I stayed with them until 2012.

I then moved my ZT to Campbell of Coleraine, and have had roughly 18 75 and zt's on that policy since as they have been bought and sold on. They also do "laid up" cover also, which helped me great when my 214 sat up for a few years and when my ztt was off the road from october until february due to MOt / lack of money.

It just seems to depends greatly on the company, as I said above a membership of a recognized AOVC car club goes a long way.
Old 23rd June 2017, 23:47   #4
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Update my new policy, £270 for my 75 auto and zt-t for this year.
Old 24th June 2017, 08:21   #5
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

Classic car insurance is not all about the age of the car, its also the annual mileage. Last night I was speaking to a friend who has secured classic car insurance with 3,000 annual miles only on his MGTF 2010 model!