Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th March 2017, 20:45   #1
JStC

Rover 75 CLUB CDT TOURER

Default extreme leaking into driver well and passenger well behind

Rover 75 CDT tourer with sunroof 2002
All 4 drainage pipes have had the tapered ends cut off because they were blocked with silt. This was successful for a few months.
Now water is coming into the driver well only and the floor directly behind the driver. Not just a little but to the point where l can sometimes hear it sloshing around when l drive. I've moped up the water many times but it just keeps coming back?
Interestingly, and this may mean nothing, when l filled the windscreen washer tank, which was completely empty, it took about 10 litres of water to fill? (5 kettles full) Is it normal for the tank to hold so much water? Could this water be travelling somewhere else in the car, ending up in the wells as described?
Help!
JStC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2017, 20:49   #2
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Your plenums are blocked. There's a how to clear them post in the technical section. Do it quickly before you drown your ECU. And welcome to the club
Old 5th March 2017, 20:58   #3
Tracker
Loves to post

MG ZT

Default Water in off-side footwells

I had exactly the same scenario last summer. Front and rear off-side footwells sloshing water in swimming pool proportions and near-side bone dry! It was the plenum full of water, although I don't know how the connections work so that the surplus only enters the off-side. I also have a sunroof but don't think the sunroof drain was part of the problem, although also carried out the drain mod recommended on here at the same time.
I couldn't strip the whole interior out as others recommend on here, but adopted Jules' tip; after sponging and sucking the excess water out (very long job) I inserted old folded towels under the carpets and changed them for dry ones every couple of days. After a week (and luckily some very hot weather) the carpet underfoams were dry. I now religiously check the plenum and have had no trouble since. Happy to give further advice if you PM me.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2017, 23:33   #4
neilll
Gets stuck in

MG ZT,MG ZT-T

Your joints on your sunroof drain pipes (usually the front) have been breached, easily enough to fix but awkward to get too. You probably have at least a gallon of water sloshing about there (been there, done that,got the T-shirt as have hundreds of others)!!

Regards

Neil
neilll is offline   Reply With Quote