Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th June 2018, 17:08   #1
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Default ZT rear subframe situation

Has anyone fitted the new remanufatured 75 ones available via XPart to their ZT and noticed any difference from the Alu bushes on the ZT to the rubberised ones on the 75?

Or has anyone found a replacement for the KHC000090 bushes for the ZT?

Or.... are most folk ripping theirs off, and refurbing it with the alloy bushes in place and popping it back on again?
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018, 18:11   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
Has anyone fitted the new remanufatured 75 ones available via XPart to their ZT and noticed any difference from the Alu bushes on the ZT to the rubberised ones on the 75?

Or has anyone found a replacement for the KHC000090 bushes for the ZT?

Or.... are most folk ripping theirs off, and refurbing it with the alloy bushes in place and popping it back on again?
Perhaps? My subframe came direct from China, as mentioned in a previous thread by Pete. I suspect that these are the same as the x part ones, as I believe, they got some to stock at the same time the Chinese ones went out of stock.

Driving hard on the twisty bits and from roundabout exits , there is an extremely slight squidginess . once home I checked everything over and all was still tight and torqued to spec. Tyres too were inflated correctly too. So I can only put it down to the rubber in the bush, or perhaps the extra coil in the new springs. (The old ones were broken at the bottom for years).

Squidgy is even probably too harsh to be fair, but there is a miniscule difference. It is neither negative nor a positive difference though.

My old subframe is in the attic after a refurbishment though.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018, 22:25   #3
Tracker
Loves to post

MG ZT

As regards the bushes KRC000090, I recently came across a company called Brooks Racing Development in the Midlands (just Google them) and they do a poly version of this bush. When I first found them I queried with them the use of poly as the originals are solid. The owner replied that they are 90 shore and very stiff; he markets them specifically for the ZT and seemed to know what he was talking about. They were very expensive, though - about £100 for a set iirc.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote