Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th June 2018, 19:53   #11
LotusLC
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi Auto / ZT-T Trophy Blue

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,238 Posts

Doing a cracking job . A well specced car as well.

https://i.imgur.com/Cwa3376m.jpg
LotusLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 17:59   #12
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Wow, mine has that sat nav, had no idea you could update it. Although I have no idea how now you've posted lol. I got one of those gearshifts as my current one is loose. Not fitted yet, though.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 05:30   #13
Artermis
Regular poster

MG ZT

Very jammy, managing to get one of the DVD drives for £40!! I keep looking for one and they're all well north of £100. Hope I spot a bargain some time soon too.

Be interested to know how you get on fixing the dead pixels / replacing the screen in the bordmonitor. Mine needs doing too.

BD02 FFE - MG ZT+ 190 in Monogram Gulfstream, No 2 of 5 190 saloons made and ex-press garage vehicle.
Artermis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2018, 18:45   #14
Moonshine Mark

2005 Monogram Atmosphere ZT CDTI Auto + 2010 BMW 123d Convertible + 2005 MG TF 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Wow, mine has that sat nav, had no idea you could update it. Although I have no idea how now you've posted lol. I got one of those gearshifts as my current one is loose. Not fitted yet, though.
If you google BMW Mk4 V32 firmware there is loads of info out there on updating the navigation software. Or you can buy a disc on eBay, you have to be a little technical playing around with the software though if you want to change the logo, if you use the software as it is you get a BMW one. It also took me 4 attempts burning the disc before I could get my nav drive to read it!

The gearstick is a nice addition to the interior but it doesn't seem to click down like the old one did, if you pull up on it then it comes straight off. It doesn't effect its use though and for £5 I am not complaining. I just wish that I knew where the brand new chrome and leather one is that I bought a few years back!
Moonshine Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2018, 17:29   #15
Moonshine Mark

2005 Monogram Atmosphere ZT CDTI Auto + 2010 BMW 123d Convertible + 2005 MG TF 160

Been a little while since I have posted an update but still bits and pieces going on in the background

After a life near the sea the air conditioning radiator has seen better days, so I decided to set to work replacing it.

First job, off with the bumper

Then off with the crash beam and slam panel

These headlights have seen better days, more on that later

Followed by removal of the fan and cowling to reveal the offending item

And so the nice shiny new condenser was put in place

Whilst the car was apart I took the opportunity to address the intercooler hose. The o-rings were leaking and as can be seen the old hose had seen better days.

I bought a nice new shiny hose (thanks Jules) and fitted it along with uprated o-rings.

At this stage it was a good opportunity to address the cloudy headlights.

Before

And After

And finally, fully reassembled.

On to the interior I have finally got around to replacing the technical grey lower parts with walnut and also the addition of a walnut ZT steering wheel

At this stage I decided that the gear knob that I bought from Rimmers didn't match the new look, so decided to replace it with a wood one from a BMW E39.

Now to decide whats next on my list of things to do
Old 21st August 2018, 13:42   #16
Tracker
Loves to post

MG ZT

Very nice. I'd be interested in your thoughts on the brakes, as I've just done a similar 190 upgrade on my 180 auto with re-furbed calipers and new discs and pads all round. I was also always unhappy with the original brakes, but find the new set up a huge improvement.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2018, 15:46   #17
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Looking very nice . Maybe I have old fashioned taste, but I have always preferred the look of a wooden dash. I think it looks much classier - & brighter.

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2018, 16:25   #18
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Beautiful . I really like the walnut with the ZT interior - stunning.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2018, 17:57   #19
Moonshine Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
Very nice. I'd be interested in your thoughts on the brakes, as I've just done a similar 190 upgrade on my 180 auto with re-furbed calipers and new discs and pads all round. I was also always unhappy with the original brakes, but find the new set up a huge improvement.
I found the original brakes verging on dangerous, the 190 setup is a massive improvement
Old 6th September 2018, 18:14   #20
Moonshine Mark

After spending a weekend in Stratford-Upon-Avon it seemed a bit rude to miss the opportunity of taking the MG back to its birthplace