Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th January 2020, 19:27   #11
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Good information Brian.
I have the same issue and it also annoys me every time I start the car (Along with the SRS light which I also have to get around to sorting!)
My service indicator is now at 22,400km over and no doubt the day counter is way out. The paper clip method didn't work, nor did a cheap reset tool.
I will try doing it with TOAF and see how it goes.
Old 5th March 2020, 08:13   #12
Steven211
Regular poster

VW Golf TDI yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
Have you been able to reset the service indicator before, or is this a new fault?
I've only owned the car since last July so no I haven't reset it before so I guess the old owner just didn't care.
Steven211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2020, 08:18   #13
Steven211
Regular poster

VW Golf TDI yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
A remap won't effect the service indicator as the service indicator is in the IPK.

Could try a battery reset and then try the tool. Or you could grab TOAF and reset it through there.

Or if you fancy a trip to Cannock (Around an hour on the M5/M6) I can plug my T4 in and reset the indicator for you. I'm free the majority of evenings and most weekends.

The torque app might not communicate if your car isn't EOBD compliant
Sorry for late reply I've had a busy few months. I've recently changed the battery so I was hoping that would work.

I may have to take up your offer if I don't figure out out. I've still got to do a few more wiring checks on it when I get five mins.

Quick question unrelated, t4 do you need xp toughbook to make it work? I've had the updated mg legacy T4 disk and interface for years and it doesn't run on my win 10 laptop.
Old 5th March 2020, 09:24   #14
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven211 View Post
Sorry for late reply I've had a busy few months. I've recently changed the battery so I was hoping that would work.

I may have to take up your offer if I don't figure out out. I've still got to do a few more wiring checks on it when I get five mins.

Quick question unrelated, t4 do you need xp toughbook to make it work? I've had the updated mg legacy T4 disk and interface for years and it doesn't run on my win 10 laptop.
No problem. You don't need a toughbook, just a laptop that can run XP. If you pop by for me to reset the light bring what you've got and I'll let you know what you need to get working.
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2020, 17:02   #15
Steven211
Regular poster

VW Golf TDI yawn

Just an update, I have been checking all wires from OBD plug, both earth pins have 0.3 ohms/continuity to ground by A pillar which is fine. Pin 8 C0040 to IPK Pin 5 C0233 again 0.2 ohms. Carried out volt drop between these pins and 0.2V was displayed which is spot on.

The Perm live which is shared with the clock is fine as prev stated. Pin 7 C0040 to The header connector (blue) Pin 16 C0287 60 ohms which seems quite high and the voltage to ground was 5 volts..pretty sure this should be battery voltage? Also doing a volt drop test with something plugged onto the OBD shown 11v drop (I think it was). Does the K line talk to anything else that could affect it?
Old 16th April 2020, 13:30   #16
Steven211
Regular poster

VW Golf TDI yawn

Just an update I have managed to reset it, I don't know how, I think it was possible a dry joint on DDE or at the header joint as I have been doing wiring checks again today. OBD now seems to work fine. Cheers everyone for your help. And Jamiewelch I will sure pay a visit once this lockdown is over.