Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th November 2008, 23:27   #1
nisfo
Gets stuck in

Default Windows 7....??

Any ideas guys.....

Apparently it will be the next generation of operating systems.....

I have my own reservations.......after all it's a microsoft product

I'm still happy with XP sp3........Running like a dream
nisfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 08:02   #2
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Been Beta testing for MS for some time and it still has more holes than a Colander,
and currently won't run this site properly.
But appears better than Vista was, which it replaces, although XP will STILL be available!
I still use a Mix of XP Pro and Server 2003 myself on my machines.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 17:47   #3
tourerfogey
Banned

designed by 7 year olds perhaps?
tourerfogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 22:19   #4
ZedTea190
Banned

ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
Been Beta testing for MS for some time and it still has more holes than a Colander,
and currently won't run this site properly.
But appears better than Vista was, which it replaces, although XP will STILL be available!
I still use a Mix of XP Pro and Server 2003 myself on my machines.
Hmm, are you sure? Its still pre Beta and is not even able on MSDN (hence, it cant be Beta) yet so the only thing you've been testing is a hookie copy from a torrent site which is actually not W7 at all.

You could of course get a 'better' version from me
ZedTea190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 22:35   #5
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

The Versions Our Company are Running are supplied by MS in the US our Engineers and technicians are running many areas for security and other realms.
We are a American Registered Company covering many areas (mine is Aerospace and aviation) and see products sometimes years but generally months before UK people even see them.
IE8 has been running with us for so long now I forget,
but is still hardly IMHO ready for release even though many people are using it.
It shouldn't be available to UK people for a at least few more months legally,
and what is the Point at this stage anyway?
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2008, 11:32   #6
efreeti
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDT 130+ (04) & 75 Tourer CDT Auto (52) & a 1998 MGF (with HGF!)

I think I am going to start a Vista owners appreciation society. I run 64 bit and 32 bit version across various machines and networks and I have found it to be incredibly reliable, stable, fast, user friendly etc etc etc.

The only real issue I have had with it is the horrible people at HP not bothering to release specific drivers for some of their products.

I just don't understand the animosity towards the product. It seems so much better than anything that has gone before it. I hate having to use XP machines now, they just feel clunky! Certainly not in a rush to swap over to Windows 7.

Replace in tank fuel pump with Peugeot alternative
Dismantle and re-fit interior and seats
Retrofit electric memory seats without the loom
All followed at your own risk!

Available to borrow: I have a home made (tried and tested) Cam Locking tool for M47 should anyone need it.
efreeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2008, 11:45   #7
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by efreeti View Post
I think I am going to start a Vista owners appreciation society. I run 64 bit and 32 bit version across various machines and networks and I have found it to be incredibly reliable, stable, fast, user friendly etc etc etc.

I just don't understand the animosity towards the product. It seems so much better than anything that has gone before it. I hate having to use XP machines now, they just feel clunky! Certainly not in a rush to swap over to Windows 7.
Count me in. I've not had a single problem with either the 32bit or 64bit versions.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2008, 12:04   #8
ZedTea190
Banned

ZT 190+

Quote:

The only real issue I have had with it is the horrible people at HP not bothering to release specific drivers for some of their products.

Which is funny as HP (a MS partner) is 98% Vista across EMEA the US and Asia Pac.
ZedTea190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2008, 12:24   #9
r44712
Loves to post

ZT-T+ 135 & ZR+ 115

Quote:
Count me out - it pains me to use it - things that are a doddle in XP become a long-drawn out process in Vista. Its been dumbed-down so much that anyone who has half an idea really has to stop and think what they're doing!!

Just my 2c!
r44712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2008, 20:12   #10
efreeti
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDT 130+ (04) & 75 Tourer CDT Auto (52) & a 1998 MGF (with HGF!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedTea190 View Post
Which is funny as HP (a MS partner) is 98% Vista across EMEA the US and Asia Pac.
I don't get it either. There are a number of printers which have specific functions (A3 for example) that have no drivers written for them. HP just link you to the nearest thing which kind of works. It's been a real pain trying to get a some of the CAD and graphics programs I use to recognise that the printer can deal with larger page formats without the drivers! We had trouble with a colour laser as well.

Just don't undersand why HP would not support their own products, one of which was only 6 months old when Vista was released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r44712 View Post
Count me out - it pains me to use it - things that are a doddle in XP become a long-drawn out process in Vista. Its been dumbed-down so much that anyone who has half an idea really has to stop and think what they're doing!!
Such as?

Replace in tank fuel pump with Peugeot alternative
Dismantle and re-fit interior and seats
Retrofit electric memory seats without the loom
All followed at your own risk!

Available to borrow: I have a home made (tried and tested) Cam Locking tool for M47 should anyone need it.
efreeti is offline   Reply With Quote