Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th December 2011, 20:51   #11
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I have an older 3G model, because I'm pay & go I can't bring myself to buy the latest model. I have noticed that Apple have stopped updates and more and more new apps won't work

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 15:04   #12
Kai Herb
Gets stuck in

MG ZTT+ 2.5 160

Sorry to buck the trend but my 3gs works just fine with ios5.01 , including apps
Kai Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 16:52   #13
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Herb View Post
Sorry to buck the trend but my 3gs works just fine with ios5.01 , including apps
Same for me, working better if anything.
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 18:38   #14
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

I upgraded my iPhone 3gs through itunes ages ago. It is running 4.2.1.
I prefered it before to be honest. It seemed more stable and faster.
It took hours and hours to complete too. Dad has a 3gs that asked to be updated and by all accounts the phone was next to useless afterwards. My 3gs is over 2 years old now and I love it, I have never had a phone this long, I wanted to upgrade to the 4s but playing in the shop it seems the same as the 3gs. Certainly not different enough to warrant changing. I will wait for the 5. I do worry about it suddenly breaking though as it has an awful lot of use.
Old 10th December 2011, 19:22   #15
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

I'd always had Windows Mobile devices, going back 4yrs ago the TyTn phones.
When I got the iPhone 3GS I couldn't believe how simple it was, so intuitive and not over complex like some Nokias who have far far too many menu options.

I gave that to the wife and I got the 4. Thanks for the heads up, i'll make sure she doesn't get this one.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 19:26   #16
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

I can only speak as I find, and it's good to hear that some 3GS users have had no probs with installing the latest firmware. Don't get me wrong, I think the Apple Iphone is a fantastic product and wouldn't be without it now, its just for me at least, the latest firmware update impaired performance, and the guy in the shop said others had commented too
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 22:20   #17
cjmillsnun
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTi & MGZT+ CDTi 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
It seems to me that the Galaxy S and the iPhone are both power and resource hungry with poor battery life. Apple have delayed the launch of the no 5 model because of this problem. I am not a techno wizard and do not know what the solution is.
Apple have NOT delayed the launch of the 5 if you look at the pattern of release. Aside from the original iPhone, the pattern is new model, then the S variant of it. Don't believe the rumour sites. This is how Apple planned it all along. It would take too long to re-engineer and productionise something in 3 months (July when expected to October).

PS Most 3GS models I've come across have updated successfully to 5.01 and are quicker than they were. Those with problems benefitted from a full restore then setting up as a new phone, rather than the upgrade.

Last edited by cjmillsnun; 11th December 2011 at 22:22..
cjmillsnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 06:57   #18
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

It is always interesting to see the solution to the problem from another view and to take on board your opinion. Clearly your sources are different to mine Chris and I do not have a problem with that. I have a question for you and it is about the iPad but as it is not in keeping with the OP here, I will pm you. Cheers
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 07:03   #19
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Unfortunately your pm box is full.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 07:30   #20
johnwh74
Posted a thing or two

mg zt & Bmw 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendriver View Post
I really like the galaxy S apart from the pathetic battery life. Anyone know if the battery in the S2 is any better?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
It seems to me that the Galaxy S and the iPhone are both power and resource hungry with poor battery life. Apple have delayed the launch of the no 5 model because of this problem. I am not a techno wizard and do not know what the solution is.
I found this with my 2nd Galaxy S (After my first one disappeared at work after i had it a week), I bought this and its fantastic. Linky

It makes the phone a little heavier and thicker which i found was a plus anyway but now i have two batteries and the 3500 mah battery lasts over twice as long for the sae of £7.99. I am not a fan of the Iphone but i love my Android. Never really had a problem with it