Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd March 2020, 15:02   #21
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris75 View Post
Is the fluid in this mount clear ? One Of the photos I've seen on here shows a yellowish mess . I have a smear of a clear oily fluid in the lip at the bottom of my mount and am wondering if this is a sign of impending doom
No other symptoms
I thought that I had dripped some oil off the end of the dipstick at first, so cleaned it off with paper towels (when we had them!). I noticed that the oily liquid reappeared, even though I was very careful checking the oil. It soon began to pool and drip down the side of the chassis leg, so was definitely from the hydramount. No mess since, so it must have been that. 20 years of flexing and the fluid sitting in a black, rubber case will no doubt have "coloured" it similar to engine oil.
Old 23rd March 2020, 20:05   #22
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris75 View Post
Is the fluid in this mount clear ? One Of the photos I've seen on here shows a yellowish mess . I have a smear of a clear oily fluid in the lip at the bottom of my mount and am wondering if this is a sign of impending doom
No other symptoms
Looked like a clear hand gel on mine when Jules noticed it two and a half years ago just after I bought it.

I haven't changed it yet but it must be well gone by now and is probably next on my list to do when things return to normal.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote