Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th February 2017, 23:53   #1
Abott10

Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,328 Posts
Question Xenons, Projectors and Headlamps with Washer Jets definitions.

What's the guidelines here? New learning curve so please bear with me.

My fast becoming my favourite daily driver MG ZT-T 1.8t ( now the heater output is as good as my ZS and 620ti this cold weather ) has Headlamp Washer Jets. Although it had a few months to run on its current MoT when purchased, I paid £25 for a "dummy" MoT as a way of checking and getting to know the car better. Money well spent on any unknown quantity which lets face it, any used car bought has that unknown quality for the new owner irrespective of any Invoices, History or what the vendor or previous owner tells you.

It "failed" on inoperative Headlamp washers. Since fixed and since passed MoT so lives on another twelve months.

Two of my ZTs have Headlamp Washers, these two a MK 1 and MK2, the others do not. All look same to me though except for the wording inside the MK1 lens assembly

I'm confused. What's the definitive criteria here. They all look much the same to me except for an additional electrical gizmo behind each assembly on those with washers.

So Xenons, projectors ... all look same to me.

Last edited by Abott10; 13th February 2017 at 23:56..
Abott10 is offline   Reply With Quote