Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th June 2018, 16:29   #11
Siestaman
Regular poster

Rover 75

Unhappy Definitely in need of help

As per my post on here (7) above, the plenums have been cleaned out and the drain pipes are unblocked and are passing the water, when I flushed them through. I have only owned the car for about 2 weeks.
The weather here is dry and has been for weeks. At this time of the year we don't get too much rain. Lots of sun & heat.
This only happens when I use the air-con heavily, (because of the heat 32*C), after a 40 Km drive in bone dry weather the floor went from dry to about 1" of water above the carpet in both the front and rear footwells. Not from cooling system (green), this is clear and without odour. The pollen filter is dry. So the plenums are OK. Now where is this clear, odourless water coming from???
I have tried the newbies section on here, I have read and checked the areas, but everything points to a drain problem for the air-con. Remember NO RAIN recently. The water has to be coming from somewhere! Certainly not the heavens in this case. Thanks.
Unless anyone can suggest an alternative.

Last edited by Siestaman; 11th June 2018 at 16:34.. Reason: missing data
Siestaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 16:38   #12
Siestaman
Regular poster

Rover 75

Default Air con schematic/pics

Please can anyone who has a copy of the air-con schematic/pics or the repair manual please help me out by posting a copy on here.
The air con is functioning fully and gets really cold.
Thanks.
Siestaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 16:48   #13
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Take your pick https://rimmerbros.com/ItemList--Rov...eating--m-3005
suzublu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 22:34   #14
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

I assume you have checked the spare wheel reccess in the boot to make sure you dont have a pool of water sloshing around from last winter !!
As for it only happening when tge aircon is on, there is an aircon discharge pipe
Which comes out under the car not far from the plenium drain pipes.
Id check that is not blocked up,or that in fact is there.
You should know if ifs working as if you have been running the aircon and switch it off you will see water on the ground under the car!!!
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2018, 00:42   #15
arblickspule

Rover 75 Saloon

After nearly two years of ownership, having inherited my baby from me Uncle, the passenger side flooded! Suddenly and drastically, seriously drastically - we could poke the carpet in the front passenger footwell and watch the wake travel to the rear. Following instructions from the *sticky* I checked the plenum and found that, instead of a drainage tube I had a solid, closed off Gromit. Seriously, it's like the Brums ran outta down tubes and (quite rightly) thought "we'll be out of business soon so they won't be able to sue us". Essentially the plenum filled up with water, bit by bit, slowly, over time and simply poured in through the CD changer and in to the footwell.

So, check not just your plenum space but your drainage too! There is a couple of other drainage choobs to deal with too - either end of the bonnet...
arblickspule is offline   Reply With Quote