Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th May 2009, 18:57   #1
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Default My faith in people restored...for the time being.

I was in the car park of my local Morrisons supermarket earlier today. More specifically, at the time the schools release their charges mid afternoon.

My attention was drawn to a particularly raucous group of five boys about 15 years old.

An argument was clearly taking place and one of the little darlings must have felt particularly aggrieved as to took his sports bag like an over-sized cricket bat and whacked the door mirror of a rather nice Mercedes which just happened to be parked in their path. The mirror was smashed to pieces and flew upwards travelling some 5 yards to give you an indication of the force applied.

Although I couldn't hear clearly, the driver, who was in the car, must have remonstrated because the youth turned on him, made the obligatory "I'm going to shoot you" pose and then, seemingly supported by his friends, approached the driver's door of the Mercedes, inviting the driver, quite unequivocally, to get out of the car.

The driver did so and I have to say that I have never seen quite so much muscle take quite so long to unwind itself. The driver was HUGE. I suspect he might have been King Kong's big brother, being some 6 ft 6in tall at a guess and probably almost the same across the shoulders.

Certainly, our brave youth backed off quite quickly

What happened next was even more gratifying though. Four men who had been in the vicinity made a bee-line for the group and took the offending youth into custody , the lad's supporters having suddenly vanished...I wonder why?

Don't mis-understand, they were in no way violent, rather, one of the blokes had the youth by the scruff of his neck and merely had sufficient grip to ensure that youth wasn't going anywhere, the others merely reinforcing the futility of any attempt to escape.

At least one of the other chaps had his phone out and was, in all probability, calling the Police.

By now, two security staff had appeared, presumably from Morrisons and between them, the have a go heroes and King Kong's brother, frog marched the lad into the shop, I'd guess to await the arrival of the Police.

Now, I'm not one of those who subscribe to the notion that all youth are mad or bad, being in a position to know more about what makes them tick than a lot of people but I have to say that I drove out of the car park with a smile on my face and the feeling that justice, at least to that point, had been well served

Not quite "taking back the streets" but certainly a step in the right direction where the citizens felt able to take appropriate action.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 19:20   #2
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

A heartwarming story there, I have to say I have on more than one occasion taken the moral high ground in such situations... on one such occasion I was assaulted by the youth who deliberately drove into the back of my wifes car...and sadly no motorists came to help, they drove past.

maybe I should move to your part of the world !!