Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th January 2022, 20:46   #51
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Bob. ---Have you given any thought to this, and any other readers too, because it's free and effective for any purchases you might make on line.
Bob. Short term memory not as good as it was ???

Use this FREE insurance you said you'd look into.--Did you ??--Did you ??.

NO !!!!!!!!

--Do it now. You said in an earlier post that this forum was all about helping folk.--

Well that's what I'm up to.--Now, ball in your court.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2022, 20:54   #52
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Bob. Short term memory not as good as it was ???

Use this FREE insurance you said you'd look into.--Did you ??--Did you ??.

NO !!!!!!!!

--Do it now. You said in an earlier post that this forum was all about helping folk.--

Well that's what I'm up to.--Now, ball in your court.---
Apologies I have not. Had other things to sort out. I’m at that funny age. But thanks for the reminder, I will have a look, honestly.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2022, 19:43   #53
DeeJ
Avid contributor

Rover 75 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Still haven’t got the car back. Usually the garage are very good but for some reason they forgot about the Bear. Now hoping it will be ready by Monday.
What was the verdict then?
DeeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2022, 20:24   #54
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

I still have not got the car back. I phoned last Friday and was assured the car would be ready Monday. Will be phoning tomorrow and unless it’s not being worked on I will be getting the car home. And I’ll go from there. Possibly getting the AA out to assist.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
Old 19th January 2022, 10:56   #55
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Bob,

I see your "failed" ebay transaction has reappeared with a "New" Zero rated user.

Especially as they were "out of stock"

Wasn't even smart enough to change the photos

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
This is the message I got from eBay

Hi Bob,
We are sorry to let you know that peterone1 cancelled your order and mentioned the cancelled reason as 'I'm out of stock or the item is damaged.'
You received a refund back to your original payment method, you don't need to do anything else. It may take 3 to 5 working days for the refund to be completed.
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2022, 12:41   #56
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Home, but………

…………………….. not fixed. The garage fitted the new coil packs I bought from Rock Auto. But the car still has the mis-fire. I collected the car this morning and drove her home. Seemed to be running ok till you put your foot down then she pops and bangs.

So the Bear is now booked in with Retro Sports Cars for Chris Flanagan to work his magic on. She is being collected on Wednesday and taken up on a trailer.
There is a list of other jobs that need doing anyway, so I might as well get them all done.

Then she will be going up For Sale. Rarely gets used and I would rather spend the money on Banana.

onen hag oll
Old 24th January 2022, 19:48   #57
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

I've acquired a similar misfire with the V8 in the last 24 hrs. When warm, runs fine until you try to accelerate and then not happy. Today an engine warning light came on. When I parked her around three weeks ago I left her on a ctek charger. She had been running fine, so I'm wondering what might have happened while parked up? She started first time but it's not the same car I parked three weeks ago.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2022, 20:16   #58
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
I've acquired a similar misfire with the V8 in the last 24 hrs. When warm, runs fine until you try to accelerate and then not happy. Today an engine warning light came on. When I parked her around three weeks ago I left her on a ctek charger. She had been running fine, so I'm wondering what might have happened while parked up? She started first time but it's not the same car I parked three weeks ago.
I had a lengthy phone call with Chris Flanagan, from Retro Sports Cars, into what might be causing the problem. In my case it might be down to the spark plugs. I was unaware that the plugs are different on the supercharged cars. The heat causes them to burn out.

In your case have a look to see in any dampness is affecting the plugs/coil packs. Or it might be an injector.

Good luck with sorting it out.

onen hag oll
Old 24th January 2022, 20:32   #59
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

I asked for the plugs to be changed at the last service but apparently the (main dealer) couldn't get the coil packs off to get access to the plugs as the retaining screws were just spinning. However she was running fine until I parked her up, so I'll have a good look this weekend. Last time a good clean of all the connectors did the trick, so worth trying that again, but the engine warning light will need investigation, and new plugs are overdue too. Hopefully just a plug change will revive the Bear for yourself Bob.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2022, 18:20   #60
BlueMustang
Regular poster

MGZTT190 biomorphic green,MGZTT190 trophy blue 2001,Rover SD1 VDP 1981,Rover V8-S 1979,Mini 25

I used to own 457 and the only starting/running problem I had was probably fuel vapourization
when starting the car on a very hot day, after it had been left for 5/10 mins when engine was already hot.

When I had no. 50 I had two running problems.

One was, as Big Russ said, a split in a breather hose (I think it went across the top of the engine and had foam around it).

The other was dampness on the rubber boot part of the coil pack and around the sparkplug.
I think it was plug no.8 (at the rear on the nearside).
You would need to remove the coilpack to see the dampness, and see if the sparkplug has any rust on it.
BlueMustang is offline   Reply With Quote