Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th October 2021, 14:45   #1
cb750chris
Trader

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Dead CR80 radio - Any suggestions?

I have been asked to look at a car, where the CR80 radio has stopped functioning. I have had a check over all the obvious issues and concluded it is the radio itself which has stopped functioning. The fuses are all fine (fuse box & radio built in fuse)

Substituting an alternative head unit showed there is no issue with the car.

I have opened the unit, and can see no obviously dead (damaged) components. The diodes by the input connector appear to be functioning as expected, and there is 12v around the board, and 5V at the EEPROM, suggesting all power supplies are functional.

Does anybody have any suggestions that I could try? Does anybody have an EEPROM dump in case it is a corrupt EEPROM?

The car owner would like to maintain a CR80 in the car, if possible, but I cannot see any currently available on the forum, or eBay. Does anybody have a good one available they would be willing to get rid of?
(see also this post in the wanted section https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...89#post2903089)

Regards
Chris

Replacement keys programmed / supplied / cut

Diesel 135 upgrade available

IPK virginisation and T4 matching available

Sorry, due to a big change in home circumstances, I am unable to do any large jobs at present, but can still offer evening time diagnostics.
cb750chris is offline   Reply With Quote