Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th June 2009, 23:44   #11
byways
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon

Default Matriculation

I enquired about changing my 2002 MG ZT-T to spainish plates only to find out that they required 14% duty on their official valuation which was 8420 Euros, with all the other costs it worked out to over 2000 Euros, the UK value is less than 3000 pounds, so guess what, it stays on UK plates,Road tax and driven back every year for its MOT,
byways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 13:37   #12
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts
Default cert of conformity

"Quote"
If you have an EU manufactured car registered post 1998 or motor cycle registerd post 2002 then you can obtain an EU cert in English from from the UK manufacturer/importer and register yourcar/bike directly at your perfecture.It has been reported that in some cases the CoC has been supplied free of charge........

Alternativley you can apply to the DRIRE for such a certificate at a slightly lower cost........

Note

The Perfectures were instructed back in 2002 by the Interior Ministry to accept the EU type approval number (e11*/---/---/--) from the cars existing "communautaire"style registration document as an alternative to the EU CoC.However at the time only the Italian registration document complied with this format and since then no official reminder has been issued,Whilst most prefectures are still demanding the seperate certificate,its worth checking with them before hand to see if they will accept the EU type approval number on your V5C. end quote

Mine is a 2002 cdt tourer and my V5c has the EU number so when I register it in France I will go down this route.

Hope this is of interest

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote