Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th March 2010, 19:49   #1
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Default Controversial - but it made me wonder.

I was dealing with a case of affray and various other associated Public Order offences yesterday and one of the main witnesses was giving evidence.

Apparently he made a 999 call when a group of 15 to 20 individuals started fighting amongst themselves in the street outside his home.

Some 20 minutes later, having seen no sign of the Police, he called again, stating that the situation was escalating and that the local TV news cameras and reporters were on the scene. He then describes a total of eight assorted Police vehicles arriving with much flashing of blue lights and sounding of sirens within less than five minutes of the second call.

When questioned more specifically he said that the situation had indeed escalated, from what we heard it must have been absolutely terrifying for the residents but that he'd made up the TV coverage in an attempt to speed up the response of the Police.

Did it have the desired effect or were they on the way and their prompt attendance to the second call was just coincidence?... I wonder.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 19:51   #2
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Oh come on Paul, I think we all know the answer.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 20:18   #3
MN190
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190+

The were on their way following first call & would have arrived sooner if they hadn't got the second call. They had to stop & get their make up done & wait for the press liason officer to meet them there.
MN190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 23:20   #4
Rover418275
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer

Now you know where ITV got the title for their police programme,

POLICE, CAMERA,ACTION !

Rover418275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 23:33   #5
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover418275 View Post
Now you know where ITV got the title for their police programme,

POLICE, CAMERA,ACTION !

LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11th March 2010, 08:17   #6
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
I was dealing with a case of affray and various other associated Public Order offences yesterday and one of the main witnesses was giving evidence.

Apparently he made a 999 call when a group of 15 to 20 individuals started fighting amongst themselves in the street outside his home.

Some 20 minutes later, having seen no sign of the Police, he called again, stating that the situation was escalating and that the local TV news cameras and reporters were on the scene. He then describes a total of eight assorted Police vehicles arriving with much flashing of blue lights and sounding of sirens within less than five minutes of the second call.

When questioned more specifically he said that the situation had indeed escalated, from what we heard it must have been absolutely terrifying for the residents but that he'd made up the TV coverage in an attempt to speed up the response of the Police.

Did it have the desired effect or were they on the way and their prompt attendance to the second call was just coincidence?... I wonder.
In a similar vein how true I dont know,In America a man phoned the police to report some one breaking into his garage,the police replied "that they had no one available to attend the incident" A little later the man phoned back and said " dont bother coming Ive shot the intruder"With in minutes the police,SWAT,and more police arrived,did a search and found no body they asked the resident "I thought you had shot some one" to which the resident replied "I thought you had no one available"

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 12:39   #7
moonstoneboy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT Tourer - naturally in Moonstone Green

Sorry, but it had the desired effect.

The police force requires a radical overhaul and become far more effective at providing a service to the public - after all, the amount for the Police on my Council Tax bill is quite a lot.

Unfortunately for you lot, we are now stuck behind a broken train. We'll be here for quite a while but I don't care, I'm now on overtime.
London tube train announcement
moonstoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 12:48   #8
EXMSRalph
Gets stuck in

ZS180, MGF, Rover 400, MG Montego

I remember hearing a similar story a couple of years ago that originated from America. The story went along the lines that a person call 911 to report that someone was breaking into their garden shed. When no one turned up after 5 minutes he rang 911 again to say that there was no need for the Police to attend, as he had now shot the thief.
EXMSRalph is offline   Reply With Quote