Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th April 2020, 12:51   #1
Swordy
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 Saloon, Rover 75 Tourer

Default Highline set up

Hello all,
I've purchased a 2004 Mk1 75 tourer that is currently being recommissioned with Jules in N.Wales.

It originally had a Highline set up but evidently the units in the rear have suffered water damage and don't work and the headunit was removed for a cheap DAB radio by the last owner.

The loom is there, I'd like to reinstate a Highline system.
From messages from Greeners I've been told I can buy recent BMW units that plug and play.

I have read a blog by John Parish online from 2011 about updating the Highline system.
Is John Parish still on here?

I'd really like any help to buy the latest upgrade I can...I've seen lots of BMW components on eBay but would appreciate all the help I can get on what units to look out for and faults.

Maybe wide-screen headunit and Mk4 SatNav drive.
How about BMW DAB or Digital TV tuners, Bluetooth and SatNav upgrades?

Appreciate your help

Thank you

Paul
Swordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2020, 21:23   #2
david2000
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

hi to all
the parts you need are still available the mk 4 dvd unit the radio amplifier module and the tv module but if you want digital radio and tv have a look at my post rover 75 video module
david
david2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2020, 09:23   #3
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordy View Post
Hello all,
I've purchased a 2004 Mk1 75 tourer that is currently being recommissioned with Jules in N.Wales.

It originally had a Highline set up but evidently the units in the rear have suffered water damage and don't work and the headunit was removed for a cheap DAB radio by the last owner.

The loom is there, I'd like to reinstate a Highline system.
From messages from Greeners I've been told I can buy recent BMW units that plug and play.

I have read a blog by John Parish online from 2011 about updating the Highline system.
Is John Parish still on here?

I'd really like any help to buy the latest upgrade I can...I've seen lots of BMW components on eBay but would appreciate all the help I can get on what units to look out for and faults.

Maybe wide-screen headunit and Mk4 SatNav drive.
How about BMW DAB or Digital TV tuners, Bluetooth and SatNav upgrades?

Appreciate your help

Thank you

Paul
I've recently completed a 'slow/gentle' conversion from OEM Hi-line to the BMW E39/46/54? circa 2005/6 comparable spec. (with a BM54 radio module still to be fitted) and current 2020/21 sat. nav. maps etc. - it's all plug and play, a distinct improvement/upgrade if you want to end up OEM 'like' - it still feels/looks pretty dated however (but it suits me).
I'm still to add some bluetooth bits for hands free but that will be it (I passed on digital TV but after all the above and you've if you've still got a spare £150-250 get a BMW hybrid TV module which is also just plug and play).
I think I did reasonably well with mainly e-bay purchases but it's pretty expensive for what is effectively obsolete kit.
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote