Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th February 2014, 11:59   #1
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Default Another water pump

Any of you learned people out there have any info why both my Rover 75 2.5 kv6 engines are chewing through water pumps.?
My 2003 motor had 3 water pumps fitted by the local mechanic over 18 months all with leaking seals.Luckily they were all covered by warranty until they finally got a good one which has lasted thus far 24 months with no issues.
Now the wifes 75 has now developed a water pump seal leak,drips first thing when cold and then after getting warm no leaks,not a drop all day.
Unfortunately this pump was bought online from the UK some 24 months ago and i got an EU made pump (cONTINENTAL) thinking it would be better quality but the car has only done 15,000 km since being fitted.
I would have thought I should get more life out of it than that.
Ive emailed the online company (E CAR) re their 12 month warranty (I see on the box Continental says it carries A 24 MONTH WARRANTY) but no reply as yet
.Is there somthing my mechanic is missing when fitting or is the quality of pumps gone through the floor ?
i
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote