Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th September 2009, 22:18   #1
paulf
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur 1999, 2004 cdti connosieurur

Default Diesel In tank pump operation and purpose.

Can anyone explain how this works?
I am having problems with starting on a CDT I have just bought.It seems most likely to be the in tank pump from my investigations so far.However I removed it to have a look and found it was just loose in the top of the tank and the pipework inside the tank was rattling around, Ive not managed to rescure it yet as the pump seal seems to tight but will sort it tomorrow.
I read the how to on changing the pump but cant understand how it actually produces any pressure in the system as it appears to just circulate fuel around the tank assuming there is only the 2 pipe connections on the drivers side of the car as neither of them is connected to the pump and they look more like return pipes.One has a foot valve or filter of some sort and the other just a black pipe leading to the bottom of the tank.
The pump seems to connect to some pipe work going to the other side of the tank and im now wondering if the fuel outlet is actually on the passenger side of the car.Ive no manual yet so cant refer to that but am going to get the rear seat fully out and check for pipe work tomorrow, hopefully i can sort it out and modify it with a Peugeot pump if need be .
Paul
paulf is offline   Reply With Quote