Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd May 2024, 12:48   #691
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

[QUOTE=FLYING BANANA;2994984]……………………….. first Power Cut since living here in Cornwall. No heating on gave the game away. I phoned the National Grid on 105 and they politely told me that the power would be restored by 09.30. It was on at 05.15 as I got out of bed to go for a wee.
Anyway it came back on at 08.00. National Grid phoned to to tell me that it was now all sorted.

Hi Bob
This link may be helpful for you (and others) contact your water supplier as well because all the utilities offer help to us older and not so well folk.
If we get a power cut we get a text message explaining the situation and offering additional help if we need it, likewise if water supply is off for any length of time the water company will bring you bottled water.
Keep well mate I'm off for a ECG later..
https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/information...vices-register
Old 3rd May 2024, 15:14   #692
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

[QUOTE=Ian G;2995179]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
……………………….. first Power Cut since living here in Cornwall. No heating on gave the game away. I phoned the National Grid on 105 and they politely told me that the power would be restored by 09.30. It was on at 05.15 as I got out of bed to go for a wee.
Anyway it came back on at 08.00. National Grid phoned to to tell me that it was now all sorted.

Hi Bob
This link may be helpful for you (and others) contact your water supplier as well because all the utilities offer help to us older and not so well folk.
If we get a power cut we get a text message explaining the situation and offering additional help if we need it, likewise if water supply is off for any length of time the water company will bring you bottled water.
Keep well mate I'm off for a ECG later..
https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/information...vices-register
Thanks for the information Ian. Good luck with your ECG. Hope Jan is coping OK.

233,625. That’s meet no.4 done.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2024, 11:53   #693
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Roof repairs will start on Monday 5th September. Over the moon with the estimate, cheaper than I expected.
The carpenter has been and looked at the jobs. Got an estimate off of him, just waiting on a date for him to start.
Phoned the NHS Loan Supply Unit for them to collect the crutches, zimmer frame and the AirBoot. They will phone prior to collection but not for 3 weeks.

Managed to cut the grass out front today. Put weedkiller down in the parking bays. Pretty good going for me today as I managed just over 2 hours on my feet before ankle started to ache.
Hoping to power wash the parking bays at some point this week.

The young lad who lives next door to me, Fletcher, is a keen moto cross competitor but crashed out on Saturday. Ended up in A&E at Derriford hospital. As he is a minor then he would be treated quickly. Along with his mum they only had to wait 5 hours to be seen. Broken collar bone.
So that’s him out of action for awhile although he is back at school.

That’s it for now. Catch up soon.

onen hag oll
Old 8th May 2024, 19:30   #694
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Getting back into the swing of things. Quite amazed of what I have achieved today. Ok so the ankle did ache but at least it didn’t become swollen.

Started off taking the garden rubbish to the tip in BBB. Once gone then home via the garden centre. Bought 3 bags, they were blooming heavy, of farmyard manure plus a few other bits. Then home to unload.
First job was to have a go at unblocking the drain in our parking spot. It was jammed with soil, and roots. Dug out what I could, three quarters full of a buckets worth.

Next job was to sweep clean the parking area. Then using the weedkiller spray again around the parking area’s. Managed to get Kelsey’s bay done as well.
Moved on to tipping out the farmyard manure onto the front garden. Dug it in and then raked it. Put everything away. Coffee time.

Moved BBB down to the side gate and she got cleaned inside and out. In between I took in parcels for my neighbours. Once the car was clean and put back into a space I was able to rest. The ankle was aching but no swelling. That’s the longest time I have spent standing up since last December.

The painting on the house has been put back till after the roofers have finished. Ok with me. But the garden work will continue. Might do away with my lawn at the back.

A trip to London is on the cards. More about that later.

onen hag oll
Old 8th May 2024, 20:25   #695
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Thanks

For your update, so wish we still had the invaluable Thanks button, perhaps as moderator you could see if a way to get it back?
Cheers and best wishes.
Old 9th May 2024, 13:55   #696
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Black View Post
For your update, so wish we still had the invaluable Thanks button, perhaps as moderator you could see if a way to get it back?
Cheers and best wishes.
I really miss the Thanks button, and it is always nice to be appreciated for a post.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2024, 17:40   #697
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Black View Post
Cheers and best wishes.
Unfortunately it’s not my department for reinstalling the Thanks button. I believe it’s something to do with the new system that we use. Either Pete, Paul or Christopher know about the full facts.

onen hag oll