Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st November 2020, 19:06   #51
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi John.
I have seen this so many times, 9x out 10 the bracket as broken through heat or fatigue.

H again Arctic here is what i did with the boost solenoid nice n lean like

The long bit of hose was almost scorched through in the middle but amazing I had the exact length needed in the shed it had been sitting there maybe 8 years waiting. Exact length to the millimetre measured side by side lol, i am in awe of this universe sometimes.

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2020, 19:24   #52
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retap View Post
Every cylinder was rusted like your photo it took 5 hours at a steady pace to clean it all up nice like yours look but i didnt have a cap just lots of swabs and wipes and method of working away from "holes". W
Quote:
as expecting the cylinder head and body to fit much more flush together, got me thinking about adding some type of liquid gasket around the edge to stop moisture getting in causing that rust but i didnt.

This is what i had

Hi John.
Yes the cylinder head and body do seem to have a tiny gap? i too was thinking of a gasket between them, instead i tightened them up so the gap was not there.

Nice job on the solenoid using the partial bracket that had come adrift, i have also seen quite a few vacuum hoses worn through.

The above will happen to all the diesel vacuum hose going to the solenoid eventually because of how they are routed, this can also effect the brakes as the hose goes to the one way check valve, then to the servo, which can make the brakes go hard and not work as they should.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2020, 19:53   #53
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi John.
Yes the cylinder head and body do seem to have a tiny gap? i too was thinking of a gasket between them, instead i tightened them up so the gap was not there.

Nice job on the solenoid using the partial bracket that had come adrift, i have also seen quite a few vacuum hoses worn through.

The above will happen to all the diesel vacuum hose going to the solenoid eventually because of how they are routed, this can also effect the brakes as the hose goes to the one way check valve, then to the servo, which can make the brakes go hard and not work as they should.

Defo a gap on the cylinder head torqued up to specified 25nm, hope the seals last a few years not a procedure ide like to repeat to often. Still puzzled over the missing larger pressure regulator o ring.

Interesting info about the vacuum hose failure effecting brakes one to be aware of for sure thanks. these ones werent holed but a thin membrane left due to melting defo about to fail.

Managed to get out for a little spin earlier and pretty happy with the result, not sure if its "new trainer syndrome" but the car seems a bit more lively now got nice drive later in week to see. Noticed a fella left the shop car park as arrived he had nasty oil leak thought the spot in the car park was from mine breifly

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels

Last edited by Retap; 1st November 2020 at 20:06..
Old 6th November 2020, 11:56   #54
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Final update, have done 300 miles this week and really enjoy the extra bit of power that renewing the HPFP has provided. Sump is dry.

Now to address growing NSF noise like a bearing going as described in this thread:

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=287173

Last edited by Retap; 6th November 2020 at 15:59..
Old 9th November 2020, 17:58   #55
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retap View Post
Final update, have done 300 miles this week and really enjoy the extra bit of power that renewing the HPFP has provided. Sump is dry.

Now to address growing NSF noise like a bearing going as described in this thread:

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=287173
Hi John.
Sounds like good news so far then hope it continues for you .

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2021, 12:09   #56
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Still going well 4 months on so muchb more power i can tear up a hill in third if needed lol. Had a couple of none start incidents recently, a fuel filter change last week and been ok since (fingers crossed).

Engine mounts to do next as getting bad now, had a few months off over winter but light evenings are coming so no time to lose!