Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd November 2020, 13:37   #21
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

I know that I've mentioned this before but I just do not understand why tyre centres are not liable for tightening up wheel nuts to the correct torque and inflate tyres to the correct tyre pressure when changing tyres.

As a Gas fitter / engineer for most of my working life, I and every other engineer were held legally responsible for ensuring that any appliance that we worked on was set to the correct working pressure. This meant checking the working pressure on every appliance that we worked on.

Rather worryingly over the years in my own experiences thousands and thousands of appliance were set incorrectly even though they supposedly had been serviced every year by councils, contractors and even the Gas Board or whatever they call themselves these days.

If any incident had occurred then I would have been hauled up in court if the pressures or installations had been anything other than 100% correct even though there might have been 20 /30 previous engineers who had worked on the appliance in question.

So surely tyre fitters should be prosecuted for allowing cars out of their workshops with incorrectly set tyre pressures many dangerously over inflated.

It might seem an inconvenience for them to very quickly consult a computer data base of correct tyre pressures for the relevant car /tyre and adjust their tyre inflator accordingly but surely they, like I was in regards to the gas, are responsible for handing back a car in a fit and safe state for a customer to drive back out onto the road?
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote