Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd August 2020, 23:28   #1
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts
Talking Moan, moan, moan,moan

We do a lot of moaning about our carsalways breaking down. Well feel sorry for Nissan squashy,and BMW 5 series. According to Which, the Nissan is the worst new car for breakdowns. BMW 5 series have their share of breakdowns also. I feel so sorry for them, don’t you.
Old 23rd August 2020, 04:31   #2
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

(I caught your sarcasm, btw)

But to answer, no, not really, tbh, as I’m not a fan of either SUVs, large or small, nor of BMWs.

And just think, will any of them still be on the road at around 20 years old, let alone breaking down? And not looking old-fashioned?

Or am I wearing my rose-coloured Rover glasses?

Last edited by baxlin; 23rd August 2020 at 04:34..
baxlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2020, 07:36   #3
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxlin View Post
(I caught your sarcasm, btw)

But to answer, no, not really, tbh, as I’m not a fan of either SUVs, large or small, nor of BMWs.

And just think, will any of them still be on the road at around 20 years old, let alone breaking down? And not looking old-fashioned?

Or am I wearing my rose-coloured Rover glasses?
My thoughts too. Not only will the vast majority not reach 20 years old, but I think cars of the last ten years ( approx), and of today, are absolutely soulless.

I can't think of any of them that would endear themselves to their owners, they are just something to get from A to B.

Our 75/zt's have all the class and styling that none can match. I especially like the chrome on my MK 1, it looks " the biz ".
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2020, 08:08   #4
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
We do a lot of moaning about our carsalways breaking down. Well feel sorry for Nissan squashy,and BMW 5 series. According to Which, the Nissan is the worst new car for breakdowns. BMW 5 series have their share of breakdowns also. I feel so sorry for them, don’t you.
HELL NO?

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2020, 08:43   #5
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
...and it will cost them a lot more to fix them than ours, let alone the depreciation! Win, win.
coolguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2020, 10:39   #6
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

The Nissan really doesn't surprise me. I was on a couple of Qashqai pages on facebook as my wife had one. I noticed that from probably around 2016/2017, there seemed to be a lot of problems getting reported. Cars not recognising keys for keyless entry, emergency braking randomly activating while driving along (seem to remember it causing an accident with 1 owner when it happened at 70 on a dual carriageway), multiple problems with the 1.2l engine, issues with the head unit/built in maps.

My wife's 2010 model on the other hand was actually very reliable. She had it for 4 years, it only refused to start once, and that was when one of the kids left the interior light on overnight and drained and killed the battery. Probably didn't help that my wife would jump in and turn the key instantly, rather than waiting for the glow plugs to warm, which would end in it turning over and over, and then a cloud of smoke as it finally got going.

Apart from that it, aside from brakes and tyres, it needed a front suspension arm, a couple of bulbs, and a CV boot. The CV boot ended up being a big job as the drive shaft was stuck in the hub so they had to remove the whole part as one piece.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2020, 18:34   #7
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Most today I'm feeling sorry for the driver of the Jeep I saw on the hard shoulder of the M25 this afternoon.
His nsf wheel was quite a bit further down the road!

must have been scary.
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.
SideValve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2020, 21:23   #8
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I have never liked B*W. Don’t really know why, but I know people who have had them and wished they had bought a wheel barrow instead. I suppose any car can have irs troubles, but when I look around at what car would I buy if I had to get rid of the Rover. I find like most of us that today’s generation of vehicles are nothing but metal boxes with little if any character. Young chap has a civic next door to us,and every now and again it goes missing. When I see him in it again, I ask him how it’s going, the answer is’iv just had so and so done . Cost me arm and a leg to get it back on the road. As a matter of fact, it has been missing for the last week again. More problems? I will only give my Rovers up when I peg out or can no longer drive because of health issues. I hope that day never comes. Oops. Don’t know what happened with the colour of the print..
Old 23rd August 2020, 21:39   #9
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
I have never liked B*W. Don’t really know why, but I know people who have had them and wished they had bought a wheel barrow instead. I suppose any car can have irs troubles, but when I look around at what car would I buy if I had to get rid of the Rover. I find like most of us that today’s generation of vehicles are nothing but metal boxes with little if any character. Young chap has a civic next door to us,and every now and again it goes missing. When I see him in it again, I ask him how it’s going, the answer is’iv just had so and so done . Cost me arm and a leg to get it back on the road. As a matter of fact, it has been missing for the last week again. More problems? I will only give my Rovers up when I peg out or can no longer drive because of health issues. I hope that day never comes. Oops. Don’t know what happened with the colour of the print..
Must be those rover coloured glasses your'e looking through Dave
Old 23rd August 2020, 22:50   #10
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Quote:

I'm in complete agreement wih you. I would not normally work on a modern car but do on mine only because it is a Rover, as have virtually all my cars been previously.
As well as some older Rovers I have four KV6 models, two are fairly low mileage which I would aim to keep in good order for the remainder of my driving years. If government regs make driving them non-viable i switch to an older model which is mot and tax exempt!
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote