Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th July 2020, 20:57   #41
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Can anyone please help with the supply of a fuel pipe, the long one from the tank (filter outlet) to the engine compartment (KV6)?

Solved the supply problem when I got into the tank, an optimistic fuel gauge, the tank was almost empty. However, broke the plastic end of the pipe where it fits into the filter and discoveed it is not possible to just replace this plastic end.
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2020, 08:26   #42
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2roverman View Post
Investigated why the KV6 will start, run for one to five minutes then die from lack of fuel.

Might this be the "yellow clip" issue on the filter?
But why is there such a large number of petrol and vent pipes (five?) running across the front of the petrol tank? Not to mention pipes internal in the tank. I seems an incredibly complicated sysyem I can't work out.
Also, Haynes suggests there is a level sender unit on the filter as well as on the pump. Is this correct? If so there will be electrical connections inside the petrol tank!
Assuming I will have to extract the filter assembly I might as well replace the filter, but I do not understand why a simple filter should cost £40 (Rimmer).
Lot of questions asked here, sorry. In process of getting this car sorted for a trip to Sweden next year.
I have sent you PM with details of Terry Shaw of TS Autos who can help you��

All the best, Nicholas/Zircon

Last edited by Zircon; 17th July 2020 at 16:34.. Reason: Typo of surname - in a rush - apologies!
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote