Notices

Old 4th February 2021, 20:10   #331
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy72 View Post
I had to go for an ultrasound last week as I was getting a dull ache in my testicle. It turned out to be caused by a varicose vein which they said was harmless, they asked if I had any other discomfort and slept ok etc.
I mentioned my left lower back ached during the night but put it down to changing to an orthopaedic mattress around a year or so ago, they asked if they could check it out with the ultrasound while I was in there. It turns out that they found a growth the size of a golf ball inside my left kidney so I need to have a CT scan on Tuesday to find out what it is and 3 hours afterwards I have another appointment at the same hospital as they said my blood test showed my prostrate levels were above average too.
Hopefully everything will be ok but if it hadn't of been for the ache in the testicle it wouldn't have been picked up on the ultrasound. According to the doctor my last visit to the doctor's surgery was 16 years ago so I'm glad I went along though I had to be forced to by my wife.
One thing I will say though is never go on Google and look up your symptoms!
I went through the same thing Tony, each time I've had a ultrasound they have also scanned my kidneys and checked my prostate. Is it your left testicle which aches, the left side is more common, something to do with the length of the gonadal vein. I had varicoceles in both balls, had a varicocelectomy last year.

Funny you should mention about your prostate, they checked mine again only last week, finger up the bum and no harm done. This time they found it to be inflamed, bloods were taken and thankfully all came back normal, my PSA levels were low.

Did they not suggest kidneys stones to you?

I'm back at the hospital in two weeks to discuss about my orchiectomy and why I'm still in pain. I'm a bit miffed really, a different surgeon performed my orchiectomy due to my appointment was brought forward. The surgeon performed a simple orchiectomy rather than a radical, this means my testicle was removed with just part of the cord.

My original surgeon who was going to perform the op, he wanted to remove the whole cord, ligate the cord high to address the neuropathy element, as pain can come from the cord itself. I seem to have pain coming from the cord and the scrotal skin, this is either the original problem or a development from the orchiectomy. I guess the only way they can address this problem is another op to remove the rest of the cord and nerves, and may be the skin.

Good luck buddy, let us know how you get on.

Last edited by Dallas; 4th February 2021 at 20:28..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2021, 20:38   #332
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

Yes the ache was through the left testicle. The doctor at the surgery didn't want to guess what was inside my kidney which is why she referred me to the urology department after the ultrasound. The initial consultation was supposed to be last Friday but was cancelled and had to be done over the phone instead due to covid.
Hopefully they can get your problem diagnosed correctly and get you back pain free again. Take care.
Old 5th March 2021, 20:04   #333
Dallas
This is my second home

Well! I'm now back at my baseline, just the same as before with just a slight improvement. I still get the same right side pain trigger as when I had two balls, but this time my lefty is also giving me grief.

Considering I've had a nut removed I don't feel any different, no noticeable change in testosterone levels, everything still works thank goodness. I'm just a bit miffed that I've lost a ball and still have the same pain symptoms, I guess the problem wasn't the nut after all. All the post surgery pain has subsided, thank god, I had some very crazy pains I can tell you, I just wish it had worked.

Spoke to docs on the phone a few weeks ago and I'm due to go in for a follow up in a few weeks. They reckon there is still room for improvement, but I have my doubts, as I'm exactly back to where I was before.

They say the pain is either coming from the nerves in the cord or from the cutaneous nerves in the scrotal skin. I may end up losing the entire scrotum, they say this is a common problem where the nerves just fire off, WTF!

How does the saying go... why me?

Last edited by Dallas; 5th March 2021 at 20:54..
Old 5th March 2021, 20:16   #334
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Sorry to hear you are still suffering Wes. Hopefully the doctors can come up with a permanent answer.

Nice 2nd Capri by the way.

Always around will you need to chat anytime.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2021, 20:32   #335
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Sorry to hear you are still suffering Wes. Hopefully the doctors can come up with a permanent answer.

Nice 2nd Capri by the way.

Always around will you need to chat anytime.
Thanks Bob.

The Capri's have kept me busy, helps to stop the mind thinking crazy thoughts, plus I've been getting back into electronics. I've been fixing my collection of 80's boomboxes and car radio cassettes players.

I've always had this obsession of the Matsui and Saisho electronic brands from the 80's. I've got some on show in the home with Dixons price talker signs with their 80's price tags. I'm sad I know but it keeps me happy. I will have to post up some pics.
Old 12th March 2021, 20:05   #336
JohnnyBG
Avid contributor

ZT-T

Good luck with it all.

Similar area but not the same as no pain at all. About 7 years ago my brother had several stents fitted, triggered by very overlarge Iliac artery. Consulant sadi tell your brother to be checked. All good, aorta, iliac and the pair behind the knees sound. Call you back in five years. Two years late, 7 years after first check, I asked the doc why no call back. I was in in two days. One iliac artery, left side, slightly over large but within parameters, no worries - we want to see you in a year though!

WTF?

Best wishes with it all, you are clearly not on your own from what I read.

JohnnyBG
JohnnyBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2021, 20:57   #337
Dallas
This is my second home

One step forward and two steps back, what is it with the NHS? This pain will be the death of me, don't they care?

Looks like I'm in a real bad place again, and the NHS don't give a damn. I thought I had turned a corner, I thought the orchiectomy had started to make a difference, but these past few days has been blooming awful, stuck in bed having to lay down because walking and sitting is too painful.

I had a follow up with one of the surgeons, he seems reluctant to do anything else, he tells me cutting nerves isn't a good idea, that I would lose all feeling. REALLY! bring it on I said, excellent I thought, lose all feeling is better than being in pain I said.

He tells me if he starts cutting nerves, that I wouldn't feel anything in the thigh area, he tells me what if I burn myself. WTF! I thought, seriously! What if I burn myself? I'm in pain everyday and he's worried about me burning myself.

Losing all feeling in the thigh/groin area sounds bliss, where do I sign?

When he examined me I hit the roof, he says the trigger point is the scrotal skin... No sh*t

He tell's me it's the cutaneous nerve's, these are branches of the ilioinguinal nerve... Cut them I said, you will lose feeling he said, that's the whole idea I said.

I'm hoping to see the surgeon that done the ochi in a few weeks, let's just hope he is more understanding and wants to help me.

Sorry for the rant...

Last edited by Dallas; 23rd March 2021 at 21:20..
Old 23rd March 2021, 21:16   #338
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Really sympathise with you - just remember who pays their salaries, and tell them so!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2021, 06:01   #339
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

Hopefully you get someone to listen and it gets sorted asap.
Old 24th March 2021, 09:33   #340
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
He tells me if he starts cutting nerves, that I wouldn't feel anything in the thigh area,
Just need to be careful and not cut yourself shaving Wes

Seriously you have my sympathy. I'm pig sick of new pains appearing all over the place. The main ongoing one is my right wrist, pain has built slowly over months until now its constant at varying levels, don't have to do anything to trigger it, dull ache starts soon after getting up in the morning. Using the hand makes it worse and any kind of twisting motion like using a screwdriver is a seriously bad idea. I was worried about arthritis as my mother was knackered with it but after an x ray GP reckons it isn't arthritis, he hasn't offered any suggestions as to what it might be though. Because of other problems I have I can't just throw painkillers over my neck, when it gets really bad I just have to rest it but if I start using the left hand more the left wrist starts complaining

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote