Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th June 2021, 06:41   #31
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.5 V6 Auto Tourer (Elizabeth) / MG ZT CDTI (Farage)

Meanwhile in India...

https://youtu.be/XeDY3I841q0
BillyMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2021, 09:44   #32
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
Quote fron 4 years old doc issued by Environmental Agency

"If a business or individual wants to receive waste vehicles for recycling or for dismantling parts, they must apply for an environmental permit. They can do this online at gov.uk."

If we already have the vehicle because we used to drive it and decide to sell some parts and then send it to the scrappy, we are NOT receiving a vehicle, the licensed scrappy will eventually receive it.
Nail on the head time. You bought it, used it and then took parts off it before sending it to a permit holder for disposal.
I think any reasonable court would declare this is a legitimate course of action by an individual before licensed disposal.
Ebay have the headache when deciding if I can sell a power steering pump on their site.
Looks like the selling of parts will go underground! The dark Web. Private Walker would be rubbing his hands!

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 20th June 2021, 09:59   #33
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

There is no way anyone or any govt authority is going to tell the general public
that they are not allowed to sell a legitimately and legally obtained item that is not contraband.
If ebay chooses not to let listings of anything secondhand , so be it but it will be to their detriment and i really cant see how any enforcement could made.
Why would this not then transgress into selling anything secondhand ?
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2021, 10:26   #34
richw
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

That is probably the ultimate aim.

Start with something like classic car parts, which most people don't care about. Then continue.

But remember, we have to save the planet by renting access to modern 'eco' alternatives...
richw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2021, 13:14   #35
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
There is no way anyone or any govt authority is going to tell the general public
that they are not allowed to sell a legitimately and legally obtained item that is not contraband.
If ebay chooses not to let listings of anything secondhand , so be it but it will be to their detriment and i really cant see how any enforcement could made.
Why would this not then transgress into selling anything secondhand ?
The point is: nobody needs to make a point (and thereby create a 'moote' point). It's done a different way, by the back door of you like.

There is a wider aspect to decisions of this nature. When commercial enterprise is threatened with a business retaliation by phoney environmentalism, and advertising revenue is threatened, they cave. You only need to NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- a nerve to enrage the so-called environmentalist legions into excitable manufactured rage to enliven a kind of idiot.

Note: in retaliation to the removal of a word perfectly established in our language and in general polite use regarding what happens when you pluck a nettle leaf, the so -called 'swear filter' is crude, rude, and entirely unnecesary. I do not swear, ever. .
There is plenty of it about, consider Race, sexuality, gender, BLM and so on ad infinitum. So companies dependant on advertising and clickability fall into line. It starts a trend and is soon followed by the lobotomised.

Blame, again, social media for attracting the partiality that wouldn't get any cred anywhere else but the echo chamber they inhabit by default.

Last edited by wraymond; 20th June 2021 at 13:24..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2021, 17:20   #36
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

A guy in the SD1 owners club is being forced to clear his stock of SD1 parts etc because of this licencing issue. It seems he has applied for but been refused a licence.
So someone somewhere is searching these folk out. I suppose all it takes is a search through various car club webpages or of course a pd off neighbour. to pick up the phone. What a shame because I suspect it's going to hit classic car owners hard. I'm sure I've read somewhere that vintage cars are exempt but not classics but that may be end of life vehicles.
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2021, 19:51   #37
JohnnyBG
Avid contributor

ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
Quote fron 4 years old doc issued by Environmental Agency

"If a business or individual wants to receive waste vehicles for recycling or for dismantling parts, they must apply for an environmental permit. They can do this online at gov.uk."

If we already have the vehicle because we used to drive it and decide to sell some parts and then send it to the scrappy, we are NOT receiving a vehicle, the licensed scrappy will eventually receive it.

This is most likely the correct response regarding our private sales but I do feel that those legitimate traders, like those on the forum, will be adversely affected. Mybe check what the Federation of Historic Vehicles, MAG, one make car and motorcycle clubs are doing about this. It will severely affect things for traders.

JohnnyBG
JohnnyBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2021, 21:07   #38
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

once upon a time there was a platform for those called educated idiots and anyone wishing to push some sort of radical view of the world.
It was called speakers corner and reached only handful of people.
Unfortunately they now have a megaphone called the internet and can now connect with a whole bunch of like minded idiots and put their idiocy into reality.
Unfortunately these people are way better at voicing their views and turning them into action than the silent majority who sit by and watch it all happen.
The fact is, if enough like minded people make enough noise about anything the powers that be have to listen- as long as it affects their public profile !!!

Last edited by genpk; 21st June 2021 at 21:16..
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2021, 08:31   #39
MGR South Devon
Premium Trader

ROVER 75 TOURER

For information for anyone who has not checked out the ebay rules here they are
"Selling second hand parts

If you are selling second hand parts, you'll need to display your environmental permit numbers in your listing, so buyers know you are complying with the Environmental Permitting Regulations for storing and dismantling end of life vehicles.

If you are a vehicle part seller, you must:

Display the permit number of the site(s) where you source the vehicle part(s) you are selling
Only source the vehicle part(s) from a company or person who has a permit to depollute and dismantle ELVs (https://environment.data.gov.uk/publ...iew/search-elv)

If you are dismantling (breaking) vehicles (ELVs) you must have a permit. If you do not have a permit – you are operating illegally. It doesn’t matter whether you are registered as a private or business seller.

Important: It is a mandatory requirement to display your environmental permit information or the permit information of your supplier in order to list second-hand parts or used car parts to sell. Failure to comply with this requirement may lead to sanctions on your account."

Note it refers to both business and private sellers.

We were aware of this about a year ago when ebay started sending messages about it when listing but did not realise the full implications at the time. As a registered garage we disposed of our environmental waste within the law and did not realise we needed a full Environmental Licence for removing parts from cars we owned before sending them to the breakers. The cost of obtaining this licence starts at £4,800 pounds and there is no guarantee you will be given one. We know of another business who, like the SDI parts seller mentioned in one of your posts, had to dispose of £100.000 pounds of MG F TF parts just to obtain their licence.
To remain legal, we now no longer dismantle cars on site, and all our parts are legally sourced from our two local breakers whose EVP licence nos we show on our business details. This is in accordance with Ebay's policy for selling used parts.
Although the initial drive on this was to stop illegal dismantling and illegal dumping of hazardous waste, long before anyone thought about introducing electric cars, and banning certain cars ie diesels from our roads, it has now become a handy tool for driving older cars off the road, even if unintentional at first.
The internet platform has now made it easier for the environment to 'catch' anyone breaking the law as they only have to get names and addresses from the platforms being used. Remember the Environmental Agency have overriding powers and can obtain even data protected information easily.
Of course, there are always going to be people who will 'break the law' somehow, but are we going to take that chance of being caught.

Last edited by MGR South Devon; 22nd June 2021 at 08:33..
MGR South Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2021, 08:48   #40
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGR South Devon View Post
Of course, there are always going to be people who will 'break the law' somehow, but are we going to take that chance of being caught.

Should the sentence read "..... but are we NOT going to take the chance of being caught." or am I missing something?

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote