Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd November 2021, 23:34   #20
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

We should recognise that the club and associated forum is a commercial enterprise and the owner/directors determine the subscription model.

That having been said, having returned to the forum after a gap of about 2 years, I am surprised that with the vast majority of users being non-subscribers it remains a viable enterprise.

If it was my enterprise, I would be adopting a model along the following lines:

1. Annual subscription fee of around £20, which can be waived by the owner/management in exceptional circumstances and for special cases e.g. hardship or forum experts who make an exceptional contribution.

2. An initial zero-fee subscription period of 3 months, after which the annual fee becomes payble.

3. Subscription free lifetime membership (honorary membership) for those who have been paying members for say 10 or more years but no longer own a MGR vehicle.

4. Enhanced subscription fees for those who own or have owned VW, Audi, or Skoda cars. Members from Coventry may have dispensation.

Lincoln Green - this is the way to achieve almost universal coverage when wishing to annoy or upset people. Your attempt was half-hearted to say the least. But it's early days.

Finally, those who are surprised at the possibility of several meals for £10 should mix with us Indians more. My late father used to laugh at the TV programme which had a title along the lines of 'How to cook for two for £10'. He always said that an Indian can feed a family for a week on £10. Ten pounds spent on chappati flour and 1kg of Channa Dhal (Dhal tarka) goes a long way. It is this lifestyle that is responsible for a person starting from dreaming about owning a Hillman Imp to actually owning the cars in my signature on the left and dreaming of owning a Jaguar XFR-S (542BHP Supercharged V8). This could be one way for members to save for the revised subscription!

Last edited by MSS; 24th November 2021 at 16:52..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote