Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th November 2021, 08:35   #71
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Let’s hope that couple have done it correctly and obtained Spanish residency, if not citizenship rather having to return home due to the aftermath of Brexit.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2021, 10:07   #72
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

My boss is retiring to Spain next year, can't say I blamed her
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2021, 10:38   #73
mbev51
Banned

Removed

How easy is it to retire to Spain now? I suppose it’s getting the health that will be big deal. The good old days are definately gone. We would eventually retire to NZ on a family sponsored retirement scheme if we had the money, don’t think we have. To be ok you need about £3/4 m Sterling in cash and a good income.
Old 28th November 2021, 11:42   #74
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
What do you see when you look at pictures of those migrants and their families?
I see the futility of going to war to assist so-called friends who merely see the UK as a bumwipe. And given the unmentionable common denominator that many if not most of the channel migrants bring with them I see, having spent some time in Ealing and Southall, potential for Sikhism in particular to encounter more bad weather resulting from the said unmentionable common denominator.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2021, 12:09   #75
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Wedgwood Blue 75 Connoisseur saloon, Duotone 75 Connoisseur saloon. Former ZT190 and ZT260 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
IF you read the papers or listen to the news you will note that when these crimes are committed they now say a"Male" person or a "Person" has been charged with Rape etc, It is only later in to the arrest that they will identify the race and origins of the perpetrator. Why is this??? it is to stop the public being told what they already know, That the rape and paedophilia that is going on has increased ten fold since the influx of these Illegals entered the country.
Show me the statistics that prove your point. I won't hold my breath. And anyway, you're missing the point - I don't dispute that some of the immigrants commit crimes, some of which are very serious. But what I objected to was the statement that the ability to commit rape without getting executed was the motive for them coming to Britain.

And to those who accuse the EU of not playing by the rules, I think the old adage about people living in glass houses not throwing stones might be worth revisiting!
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2021, 12:43   #76
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I think we have found the nub of this. There seem to be two schools of thought around this sea-borne invasion.

1. My point is one of legality, especially when there are already in existence adequate procedures for asylum and other reasons for entry into UK domicile. Well used and well known.

2. Then there is the view that we might temper our objection to illegal entry by only accepting the ones that might be of beneficial use to us.

That second one seems to me to be uncomfortably close to the dodgy principles surrounding slavery but using humanitarian principles as an unintended cloak. At the very least it is selectivism at its worst.

In response to earlier questions about legalities and boundaries I wonder if perhaps not all of us are fully aware of some of the contractual obligations surrounding border management negotiated at the time of cessation of membership of EU.

For any uninitiated members there was a treaty negotiated with Michel Barnier, and later passed in to the final exit law within the EU in 2003 (remains in force), called the Treaty of Touquet. It alllows Britain to operate border controls in France. French officials at the time agreed with this amongst other favourable matters.

Now, as well as tearing up that treaty, Macron is the maverick taking the settled EU law into his own hands to suit his election chances. Not only that, but the very same Barnier is now saying (according to legitimate reports) that ‘It is now time to rescind Touquet...and let people who wish to claim asylum in the UK go there and do so’. Of course M. Barnier is also seeking election in France next April in direct competition with Macron. You couldn’t make it up! French perfidity knows no bounds.

Meanwhile, Macron is saying ‘France has never had so many police and gendarmes, and at times military personnel, mobilised in the battle against illegal immigration’. In whose interests, exactly?

Meanwhile EU Commission is somewhat muted, in spite of this squabbling in contravention of major EU Treaties.
Old 28th November 2021, 13:05   #77
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post

For any uninitiated members there was a treaty negotiated with Michel Barnier, and later passed in to the final exit law within the EU in 2003 (remains in force), called the Treaty of Touquet. It alllows Britain to operate border controls in France. French officials at the time agreed with this amongst other favourable matters.

Wraymond, as possibly one of the uninitiated (), I wonder if I can ask you to confirm whether this particular treaty allows for British policemen to patrol French beaches and likewise, of concern to myself, French policemen on Felixstowe beach?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2021, 13:55   #78
wraymond

75 Auto 2.5 SE

As a non-lawyer I do not have the forensic knowledge worth chancing my neck. But I wouldn't think so. Considering the hectic atmosphere of the time then, all kinds of things had importance of varying degree and understanding. However there is no doubt that, as mentioned above, the treaty exists at least with regard to French liabilities. Unless, of course, anyone can establish differently. Hasten thee to Wicki I guess.

However, taken together with the historic, or should that be histrionic, repeated action of French lorry drivers and similar with the French fishing fleet, nothing seems out of bounds between 'allies'. Except on our side perhaps. Maybe we were seduced into compliance in 39/45.
Old 28th November 2021, 14:45   #79
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Blame all our woes on Johnny Foreigner. Unfortunately we cannot as we have taken back control!
Old 28th November 2021, 15:16   #80
wraymond

75 Auto 2.5 SE

If at first you can't think of anything constructive...or even helpful...why not use sarcasm. What a shame.