Old 29th November 2021, 08:20   #92
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

[QUOTE=Torqueofthedevil;2910074]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post

Sorry, that's nowhere near good enough - what I am waiting for is statistics showing 'That the rape and paedophilia that is going on has increased ten fold since the influx of these Illegals entered the country.' [sic]

If I could have it in English, that would be even better!
Can you explain the above please???

Looks English to me.

On another note, As you are looking for "statistics" Can you show me any where they disprove what I have said?

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"

Last edited by Number 6; 29th November 2021 at 08:23..
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2021, 09:08   #93
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Wedgwood Blue 75 Connoisseur saloon, Duotone 75 Connoisseur saloon. Former ZT190 and ZT260 owner

[QUOTE=Number 6;2910105]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueofthedevil View Post

Looks English to me.

On another note, As you are looking for "statistics" Can you show me any where they disprove what I have said?
Oh dear! How does an influx enter the country? In English it would read:

'...since the influx of these illegals to the country'

or alternatively:

'...since the increase in the number of these illegals entering the country'

Happy to help

And on the question of statistics, that's not how it works. You have stated something as fact, I have queried your 'facts', so the onus is on you to back up your claim - or admit that it was bolleaux in the first place. Over to you!
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2021, 09:25   #94
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Just read the express on line, not my sort of paper but like to get a feel of different points of view. At the end of an article about how popular the two main parties were, I read a comment by a disillusioned reader who said

‘We are taking back control’ that’s what we voted for in the last election and have lost control of everything.

I apply his/her thoughts to the current migrant crisis. How can we expect the EU and particularly France, to help us with our migrant crisis when we are battling away with them on other issues such as NI, fisheries etc. The winter weather will hopefully almost stop these poor people risking their lives, I do hope so.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2021, 13:06   #95
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
It's clearly an emotive subject, balancing a sense of basic human compassion against a fear of people who are different.

I wonder though, if for arguments sake China launched an invasion against Australia and New Zealand and succeeded in taking control. Imagine then them handing power back to the indigenous population and removing the rights to freedom of speech, education, religious worship, voting and land ownerhip to white people. Some of the white people then decide to flee to the UK and Europe, after all, we are safe, have peace within our borders, stable governments, honour and respect human rights, have spoken out against the atrocities being committed in their homeland, who knows perhaps we even sent troops there or bombed them Some flee as families for a better life, others decide to flee here and send money back to their families in Australia or New Zealand as their families are not up for such an arduous journey.

Would we treat them the same or differently as those fleeing from Iran, Yeman, Kurdistan and so on?

A hypothetical question I know, but if they look the same and speak the same as us would we welcome them or turn them back. Would we say you have passed through other countries stay there or tell them if you can afford to pay a trafficker then you don't need to come here

Or would we just blame the French and the EU?
A fertile imagination Simon, but it ignores the very basic premise that Australians coming here would presumably come via the legal route! It’s a preposterous scenario given the vested interests of over half of the rest of the world.

I don’t doubt for a second that you are not excluding Aboriginal applicants as they would, if they wanted to, have to desert their fabled historic lands and ancestors and that would be understandably extremely unlikely. But if they chose to come here they would have exactly the same standing as other Australians provided they came legally. Such an invasion is a false premise on more than one level in my view.

The last sentence is, I regret to say, fatuous. UK is right now forging new links with several EU nations in joint cooperation over a range of avenues - from industry to military cooperation. All details available online if one is interested. There is no need for hostilities of any kind, the intercontinental cooperation is ongoing but nationalistic fervour continues to get in the way in some areas.
Old 29th November 2021, 13:35   #96
wraymond

75 Auto 2.5 SE

[QUOTE=Number 6;2910105]
Quote:

Looks English to me.

It looks English to me. All the words are English and the relevant subjective pronoun to which the description refers, is influx.
Old 29th November 2021, 14:01   #97
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
As usual Simondi you speak wise words.
Sorry I clearly don't as Wraymond has corrected me.
I am a very naughty and fatuous boy it would seem
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2021, 14:21   #98
wraymond

75 Auto 2.5 SE

As a canny Scot you must know one can't be all things to all men! Well, not often anyway.
Edit: Er, correction, didn't say you were fatuous, just the sentence. I'm not clever enough to safely insult people.

Last edited by wraymond; 29th November 2021 at 14:37..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2021, 14:34   #99
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

[QUOTE=Number 6;2910047]
Quote:
Show me the statistics that prove your point. I won't hold my breath. And anyway, you're missing the point - I don't dispute that some of the immigrants commit crimes, some of which are very serious) Quote

At least you dont dispute that immigrants commit crimes.. For statistics you only have to read 1,what crimes are being commited,2How they are being committed and 3 by whom they are being committed ,

1 Increased Rape and Gang Rape, Child abduction and trafficking, Increase of Drug supply.

2 Violent crimes with the weapon of choice a machete or knife, This was not so prevalent years ago.

3 An increased number of unemployed ethnic minority people who dont want to work and prefer a life of crime because they know there is little or no punishment for what they do

Some of the points I made earlier. Don't forget FGM.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2021, 14:44   #100
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Exactly what proportion of immigrants commit rape, either here or in their own country? The later point about FGM is valid, and that is a shocking issue, but to suggest that immigrants come here for consequence-free rape opportunities is absurd. And it's irrelevant to compare how those countries would treat a foreigner who commits rape - it's the people from those countries we're talking about, not what might happen to a westerner!

Why, as a male, do you need to rape? I don't read about every case but there is a common thread. Of course, if it's not your mother/wife/daughter involved then it is much easier to argue for rights rather than look at the life sentence of the victims.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote