Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd December 2021, 11:42   #141
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
I'm afraid he has no idea what to do. Neither do any of the motley crew around him. They all look terrified.
This is not unique to the UK, many countries leaders are running around like the proverbial headless chicken and hoping the problem will go away.

Some friends or ours that live in Europe have been telling us about the mess over there, people refusing to get vaccinated, people ignoring all government advice and now they are putting curfews on the bars and restaurants so people are just meeting around at peoples houses. Apparently the restrictions in Holland are stricter than Belgium so people are crossing the border so they can have a night out. Belgium has one of the highest deaths rates per head of capita of any European country but we dont hear about that.

I am no supporter of Boris but give the bloke a break, we are in a lot better place than a lot of places, look at Germany for example. He took office to ''Get Brexit done'' and he has ended up having to keep an economy afloat, keep us alive through all of this. I don't know about you lot but I would not want his job for any amount of money.

Those that choose to get vaccinated have been and when you hear what is happening in some places I am glad I live here.

Stop listening to all this negative propaganda that the BBC keep blasting out, we are doing OK and a lot of Europeans wish they were here at the moment.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2021, 13:18   #142
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I couldn’t agree more Steve. I think I might have too many thumbs! I wasn’t criticising Boris directly – all PM’s rely entirely on the Cabinet for info and advice. Boris is at least humble enough to make no secret of it!

The, er, accidental or as I think, the deliberate release, of his French letter to Macron produced some animation that might just lead to that country sticking to their border obligations (either the entry point or the Chanel – I’m not fussed either way).

Macron now knows the strategic importance of ‘above board’ correspondence in producing results, maybe as a warning for the future. He is a spoilt child with obviously no idea about strategy. Not unlike Bonaparte.

Last edited by wraymond; 3rd December 2021 at 13:49..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2021, 14:31   #143
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Quote:
. . . (either the entry point or the Chanel – I’m not fussed either way).
Ah zut alors you naughty boy you. Where do you want to make the entry point of Chanel - up ze Khyber possiblement?
Old 3rd December 2021, 15:12   #144
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

He can pick his own entry, or words to that effect. At least that's the rumour.

Mon Deiu! You dammed wotter! Now you av effended moi! Stick it up the Tiber/Seine or even Shampsa thingy!

My sincere apologies to all Francophiles. Too good a target to miss.
Old 4th December 2021, 05:49   #145
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
I couldn’t agree more Steve. I think I might have too many thumbs! I wasn’t criticising Boris directly – all PM’s rely entirely on the Cabinet for info and advice. Boris is at least humble enough to make no secret of it!
The Cabinet discusses issues placed before it. Civil Servants do the research and do the policy papers. 'Yes, Minister' was spot on and hence a favourite with Maggie.

Since her days we have the Special Advisors being appointed and often Focus Groups (+ brown envelopes). For Covid-19 times, the Cabinet/PM/SA's, have also had to take on-board scientific advice. As we know there is usually conflicting pressures to contend with.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2021, 22:03   #146
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
He can pick his own entry, or words to that effect. At least that's the rumour.

Mon Deiu! You dammed wotter! Now you av effended moi! Stick it up the Tiber/Seine or even Shampsa thingy!

My sincere apologies to all Francophiles. Too good a target to miss.
Mon Dieu, monsieur.---Kyber pass peut-etre ???----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 07:48   #147
mbev51
Banned

Removed

What’s the betting that some more COVID regulations are going to be brought in before Xmas? As I have always said basic mask wearing and social distancing should never have been removed. We cannot shut down the economy again but we could have maintained sensible measures throughout that had very little impact on the economy.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 17:16   #148
mbev51
Banned

Removed

No surprise, plan B.
Old 8th December 2021, 20:33   #149
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

He was even saying that things might change for unvaccinated if things get bad with this new strain. I wonder what they will do? Fines, restricted access to places or forced to get the jab? What ever he does it wont be popular.

Personally I think it would be good that the unvaccinated signed away there right to a hospital bed for Covid. They were saying on the news tonight that 4 out of 5 Covid patients in Hospotal are unvaccinated.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2021, 07:43   #150
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Do smokers get treatment for lung cancer, or drinkers for liver disease? People do make mistakes, they still deserve treatment IMO.