Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th December 2021, 10:46   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Jethro RIP

Cornish comedian Jethro, real name Geoffrey Rowe, has died at the age of 73, his family has announced.
A statement posted on Facebook said he died on December 14 after contracting Covid-19.
It read: “It is with tremendous sadness that we announce the passing of the well known and popular Cornish comedian Jethro.
“Tragically Jethro passed away on 14th December 2021 after contracting Covid-19.

“Jethro leaves behind his life partner Jennie, sons Jesse and Lanyon, step daughter Sarah, daughter-in-law Stacey and of course his much loved grandchildren.
“We ask that you respect our privacy at this very sad time and give us all time to grieve.
“We will continue to support each other in the knowledge that our lives will never be the same without him.”
The comedy star was double jabbed and had had a booster vaccination, the PA news agency understands.
Born in St Buryan in Cornwall the stand-up’s stage name Jethro was reportedly inspired by a character of the same name from American sitcom The Beverly Hillbillies.

Throughout the 1980s he built a following in Cornwall and Devon, before making a national television performance in 1990 on the Des O’Connor Show.
In 2001, he appeared on the Royal Variety Show and went on to become one of the biggest stars from Cornwall.
In February 2020, he announced on social media he was “hanging up my mic” and retiring from the comedy circuit.
However, he promised to honour his upcoming tour dates although they were later postponed due to the onset of the coronavirus pandemic.
Comedian Jim Davidson was among the people paying tribute to him, tweeting: “My good friend Jethro has left us. RIP Jethro, you will be greatly missed.”

Comedy impressionist Danny Posthill added: “I remember when I first started showing an interest in comedy and I used to buy stand-up shows on VHS with my paper round money.
“Lee Evans Chubby Brown, Jim Davidson, Jimmy Jones and Jethro. Sadly today one of those legends have left us. RIP Jethro. Thanks for the laughs.”
Fellow stand-up Richard Herring and Welsh tenor Paul Potts also paid tribute to the comic.

*** Copied from another site

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2021, 11:30   #2
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

That is sad to hear,seen him a few times.Very very funny.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2021, 11:36   #3
Norman2CV
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon. Pre Production.

Very sad news indeed, a very funny Cornishman who will be sadly missed.
Norman2CV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2021, 11:39   #4
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Very sad to hear that. Saw him once at the Riverside Club in Saltash where we lived and we were laughing for days afterwards. Even in his off-stage moments he had a unique view on life in general. Bless him.
Old 15th December 2021, 12:52   #5
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Remember him from his TV appearances, had a video of him live. Funny man, sad loss.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2021, 21:57   #6
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

I was only watching a couple of his videos a few days ago. First time in yonks but they popped up on my Farceache feed. R.I.P.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2021, 20:29   #7
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Went through a course many years ago with a guy from Truro who spoke just like Jethro. I warmed immediately to his accent and it was he I think who first brought Jethro and his humour to my attention. Never saw him live, only ever on TV and more latterly online but always made I smile. Very sad to see him go and at not a great age by today's standard.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote