Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th December 2021, 11:14   #1
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Default MOT failure so Connie and me are in the dog house.

I had to let the MOT lapse as I wanted Dave Johnson to fit me in for an MOT after falling out with the last place that tested it last year for not honouring a Moog warranty on a front suspension arm but that's another story!

Ten days out of MOT and she has failed on the rear sills that my mate repaired for me but unfortunately not enough weld on them , so I've just ordered Tom Hobbs panels off EBay and I might have just bought the last set as I might as well get them done properly.

It has been noticed that the exhaust heat shield to protect the fuel tank is missing ! Probably not there last year as if it had come loose the wife would have let me know . Not listed by Rimmer Bros. or DMGRS so I need to ask around and until then she is parked on her drive until further notice !
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2021, 14:26   #2
smudge.g
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDTi Connie SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolman pete View Post
It has been noticed that the exhaust heat shield to protect the fuel tank is missing ! Probably not there last year as if it had come loose the wife would have let me know . Not listed by Rimmer Bros. or DMGRS so I need to ask around and until then she is parked on her drive until further notice !

Whilst carrying out some rust-proffing recently I noticed that mine has no heat shielding at all and has never been mentioned in 4 MOTs! I dont think the diesels get that hot anyway to need them (or maybe Im wrong on that point!).

regrds
My 75 Tourer CDTi was born Saturday, 21st June 2003 @ 09:50

My 75 was the 18,749th 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
It was the 195th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 2,074
and the 1,789th 75 Tourer in Wedgewood Blue Metallic (code: JEL) to be made out of 1,871 Wedgewood Blue Metallic 75 Tourers
smudge.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2021, 16:20   #3
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

I was told that they are now part of the test as they were fitted from the factory. It was mentioned a couple of MOT's back that a heat shield was loose and I remember asking that as it was on the ramp , could they sort it but the dodgy garage appears to have ripped it off the car and binned it !

The missing shield is noted as a dangerous defect. As they are not available new , I've had to remove a corroded one from a scrap car costing me £10 and repair it with metal plates bigger than penny washers and fit it to the car but I feel better it's now fitted.

Tom's sill repair panels have arrived so I need to find a garage to fit them and because of the Christmas delay, I will have to pay for a full MOT again as you only get 10 days for your free retest !
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2021, 11:51   #4
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Heat shields are now part of the MOT

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2021, 08:06   #5
Bob Williams
Loves to post

MG ZT-T+

My rear heat shield had been corroding and the washers used to fix it were getting bigger and bigger but I managed to spot a good second hand one on eBay over a year ago and bought it ready for a fail! When it went in for a service the 'new' shield was fitted to the car. It is worth keeping an eye on eBay as they do turn up.
Bob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2021, 12:55   #6
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

If using penny washer or any kind of washer, add a piece of rubber between the fastener and the heat shield to prevent tearing (or further tearing) to the shield.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2021, 17:30   #7
MarkS
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Diesel Tourer, called Perseverance

Talking

You must have one heck of a doghouse, to fit a Connie in
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote