Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th December 2021, 16:35   #11
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

The drivers side upper drain was deleted, if you can get a drain tube you can fit it and remove the bung, do not remove it without fitting a tube. The lower driver side drain is easier to get at from the passenger side, as said its below the brake servo but can be seen with scuttle panel removed, I rod that one with a metal coat hanger from the passenger side. Water will enter via the pollen filter if the level rises enough, and the slosh effect caused by cornering will also cause water to enter the cabin.
Old 28th December 2021, 20:39   #12
Archerdog200

Mg ZT-T

Hi Lee. So the drivers side drain how do I view it or do I rod blindly towards the servo? Is the pollen filter area the only access point for the water as I have water in rear floor of drivers side and some in the front drivers side. Cheers
Archerdog200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2021, 21:05   #13
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

If you have water in the rear well behind the drivers seat, I suggest that you pull the rear seat squab out, and have a look at the tube that runs from within the rear wheel arch, on the drivers side, which carries through into the rear of the car. This tube is prone to carry water from the wheel arch into the inside under the rear seat, and it rots away, letting the water settle under it and it could run onto the floor. Five minutes to check it is not rotten.
Old 28th December 2021, 21:24   #14
Archerdog200

Mg ZT-T

Thumbs up

So do I take the rear seat off and locate a pipe from that side or under the arch liner? Is there any how to video for me to look at? Also if I'm having my car cleaned and the jet wash is spraying at the wheel arch could this be a culprit to the water being here? I've had my glass roof checked and rodded the sun roof drains done at the garage. Cheers for the advice mate. Much appreciated regards Chris
Old 28th December 2021, 21:43   #15
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerdog200 View Post
Hi there. My ztt has water gathering behind drivers side floor. Had my sunroof checked and seems watertight. Battery was losing charge and car wouldn't start. Got the alternator checked and is fine. Now the alarm was going off and the window wipers were working on there own and car is dead. Disconnected battery. Is anyone able to help me out. Either have a look or if I can get it to start where's best to take it? Any help or advice much appreciated cheers. Regards Chris
Hello Chris,

Sorry to hear about your problems - I thoroughly sympathise as my car nearly succumbed to water ingress caused electrical havoc a few weeks ago!

I have sent you a private message which I hope will help.

Welcome to the Club😊.

All the best,

Nicholas/Zircon
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2021, 22:43   #16
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerdog200 View Post
Hi Lee. So the drivers side drain how do I view it or do I rod blindly towards the servo? Is the pollen filter area the only access point for the water as I have water in rear floor of drivers side and some in the front drivers side. Cheers
With the scuttle panel removed the drivers side drain can be seen from the passenger side, use a torch to assist but it is viewable and accessible.
Old 29th December 2021, 00:34   #17
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Chris. Yes you could be spraying water down the tube into the inside. You only need to pull the front of the seat up on the drivers side. The pipe is visible straight away as it runs from the drivers side rear wheel arch, into the car under the seat. You will see a cover in the upper wheel arch that has what appears to be pipes coming out into the cabin area. All I did was clean the tube out from inside, and into the wheelarch, and then spray expanding foam from inside the cabin up the tube. When dry, you can trim the foam in the wheel arch and use underseal to cover the foam..
Old 29th December 2021, 02:44   #18
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

The sunroof drains need to be sorted out, also the OP as a MGZT T estate, so to do the rear sunroof drains click the link below.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...5&postcount=27

There are four front drains two on the inner wings, which only drain water down the inside of the front wheel arch liners, and should never let water into the car.

The two plenum drain tubes are passenger side under the ECU and in front of the pollen filter, which can let water into the car through the pollen filter housing.

The drivers side plenum filter which can not be seen is under the servo, and can only be rodded from under the car.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...86#post2914186

Don't forget to do the scuttle panel clips also, and check the EWS as Andy stated, the ECU may have got wet already though.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2021, 10:58   #19
Archerdog200

Mg ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zircon View Post
Hello Chris,

Sorry to hear about your problems - I thoroughly sympathise as my car nearly succumbed to water ingress caused electrical havoc a few weeks ago!

I have sent you a private message which I hope will help.

Welcome to the Club😊.

All the best,

Nicholas/Zircon
Cheers mate for the number. I will dry out the car and have a look in the rear seat today as someone mentioned to have a look to see if that's the source of my leak. My plenum was full of water and the ecu played up but is sorted now so just going to check incase its possible why I have water in the rear drivers side floor. Cheers
Old 29th December 2021, 20:58   #20
Archerdog200

Mg ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
The sunroof drains need to be sorted out, also the OP as a MGZT T estate, so to do the rear sunroof drains click the link below.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...5&postcount=27

There are four front drains two on the inner wings, which only drain water down the inside of the front wheel arch liners, and should never let water into the car.

The two plenum drain tubes are passenger side under the ECU and in front of the pollen filter, which can let water into the car through the pollen filter housing.

The drivers side plenum filter which can not be seen is under the servo, and can only be rodded from under the car.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...86#post2914186

Don't forget to do the scuttle panel clips also, and check the EWS as Andy stated, the ECU may have got wet already though.
Hi Steve Arctic. I have noticed today at the back of my car in the boot its slightly wet by the drivers side rear light cluster and in the side pocket that holds the sat nav system disc. Could this be a source for the leak in the rear foot well? I have done the plenum and mod for it. Taken the rear seat out and pulled the carpet up and bought a wet and dry hoover to dry out the rear passenger foot well. I had the sunroof drain checked by the garage and was rodded with welding wire I was told. Few months ago it was wet the same place but was due to in the garages opinion the sunroof was fully closed. Was advised how to get it closed by tapping the button to engage flat the roof. It seemed to work then had my car valeted and I think it's filled the rear floor somehow. Is it best to tip water on the sunroof and see if it fills once dry again or same try from the rear light cluster? Any more help much appreciated thanks