Notices

Closed Thread

Old 31st December 2021, 00:07   #11
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Let me add a bit more Strangeness to this thread------

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non addictive gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with the respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.
I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year of 2022, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual preference of the wisher.
By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms.
This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting.
It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement this wish, or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.
In other words, HAPPY NEW YEAR.]---From the first to the thirty first. 2022

-----
Old 31st December 2021, 15:43   #12
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

The memorial stone at the final resting place of Guy Gibson's famous black labrador, Nigger, had for many decades displayed its name without problem. There were two mentions of the name on the original memorial, one as a header above the main text and the other within that main text. Both of those references were removed when the grave, together with a bit our country's history, was desecrated. The original stone was removed and replaced with one without the header and with the text changed to a mere reference to "the dog". I lay the blame for this type of stuff with the White Luvvies, the White Woke and the White Non-Jobbers who have so infested the public payroll.

Nigger's new memorial is a victory for them, but only a partial one I suspect. Because if truth be known these are the characters would have liked to have seen the memorial stone removed and never replaced. And to support that act they are no doubt the characters who would revel in spreading false rumour about Nigger's demise and final resting place. That regardless of a little known fact which throws a very large spanner in their cogs of thinking: More than four decades after the event a paper believed to be original from WW2 was found purely by chance at RAF Scampton. The paper detailed what had happened to Nigger and where he was buried. It had a sketch with an X marking the very spot in front of 2 hangar close to Guy Gibson's office. The paper was a letter of explanation from FS George Powell to Guy Gibson himself - both men being members of 617 Sqn at that time. It confirmed that Nigger was buried around midnight on the very night of the dam raids while they were in progress.

Last edited by WillyHeckaslike; 31st December 2021 at 15:46..
Old 31st December 2021, 19:52   #13
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
The memorial stone at the final resting place of Guy Gibson's famous black labrador, Nigger, had for many decades displayed its name without problem. There were two mentions of the name on the original memorial, one as a header above the main text and the other within that main text. Both of those references were removed when the grave, together with a bit our country's history, was desecrated. The original stone was removed and replaced with one without the header and with the text changed to a mere reference to "the dog". I lay the blame for this type of stuff with the White Luvvies, the White Woke and the White Non-Jobbers who have so infested the public payroll.

I think you and others like you should reflect on and be honest with yourselves as to why you consider matters such as this dog's name to be precious. Is it because you really consider the dog's name to be of historical importance as an integral part of the British heritage/history, in which case how many other dogs' names do you hold equally important (e.g. armed forces dogs), or is it more the case that the issue reflects your general feeling on matters of race and equality.

Every day, society is learning that things which were once considered acceptable are no longer considered acceptable by the majority. Using terms and names such as the n-word may have been considered acceptable once, but the majority of reasonable and thinking people no longer consider that to be the case. People who consider it acceptable to use terms which cause offence to sections of the population are a dying breed, literally, for I spend a lot of time with youngsters who would never dream of using such terms. You may describe them as 'White Luvvies, the White Woke and the White Non-Jobbers', in contrast I would describe them as enlightened and the future of a very different society with different norms and higher values.

Happy new year!
Old 31st December 2021, 20:38   #14
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non addictive gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with the respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.
I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year of 2022, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual preference of the wisher.
By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms.
This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting.
It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement this wish, or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.
In other words, HAPPY NEW YEAR.]---From the first to the thirty first. 2022
Baaaaa Humbug
https://en.ersties.com/upload/CMS/blog/raspberry.gif

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Old 31st December 2021, 20:39   #15
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

And a Happy New Year to one and all

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Old 31st December 2021, 21:14   #16
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
I think you and others like you should reflect. Happy new year!
It is not I who needs to reflect on such matters. The naming of the dog had nothing to do with race, contrary to what you and the so-called "enlightened" would like to portray. Educate yourself and understand what the men were fighting against who took part in Operation Chastise. Other than that, nice try but I'm not biting.
Old 31st December 2021, 21:48   #17
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
It is not I who needs to reflect on such matters. The naming of the dog had nothing to do with race, contrary to what you and the so-called "enlightened" would like to portray. Educate yourself and understand what the men were fighting against who took part in Operation Chastise. Other than that, nice try but I'm not biting.

I would suggest that those who keep raising this matter and object to others wishing to remove the use of the word from the annals of history do so on the basis of their racial prejudices. Otherwise why would they find it ok to cause offence to others?

Perhaps you are not aware that tens of thousands of the people towards whom that particular word was used in oreder to cause offence died fighting so that the likes of you could have you freedom.

I don't believe that the majority are really fooled by the undertones of some peoples' regular posts.
Old 1st January 2022, 03:01   #18
KLM
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club CDT

Fight the good fight,..under dog'
Kev.

Last edited by KLM; 1st January 2022 at 04:59..
Old 1st January 2022, 08:27   #19
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLM View Post
Fight the good fight,..under dog'
Kev.

Good morning.

I hope coming up with that was not too taxing!

Old 1st January 2022, 11:48   #20
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I would congratulate the Mods who have allowed this thread to wander into the current quagmire of precocious claptrap currently being gushed by a tiny minority of the public who have nothing in their lives with which to seek relevance or self-importance.

With respect to those who think otherwise, the refusal to let relevance remain an honoured and honourable record of just who we were in times gone by, and yes, even the colourful (in the accepted sense of course) personal histories of our national heroes.

History, in all its colours and shades, and even shadows, is what and who our ancestors actually were. Amateur revisionists are desperate to become social heroes themselves in what they see as a golden opportunity and sure fire way to achieve what earlier courageous and - warts and all - important figures did in their then names, a product of the then social mores. They were national assets who were largely only offensive to those who would attack us.

To eradicate them and their like is a fraud being perpetuated on the future. It is also very far from being a majority opinion, just a very much louder and ignorant one.

Last edited by wraymond; 1st January 2022 at 12:03..
Closed Thread