Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd September 2021, 09:24   #1
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

Default Help required with installation/upgrade of ice system

My Connie saloon was fitted with a Harmony system when I got it, with the cd changer in the glove box. I moved this to the alternative position in the boot. I've now acquired, through fellow club members, a upgrade to the system that will give me satnav, tv, etc & which I am now installing. Mechanically, I now have everything in place, but I have an issue with the ae boxes in the D-posts, and some spare connectors at the front end. Can anyone guide me please?
I have pics of the said items, and will post them shortly.

Stewart
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2021, 17:38   #2
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Firstly, the D-post aerial boxes.
The old one in the rhs has only 1 coax connector, but the new loom has 2 coax leads. (Pic 5)
On the lhs, the old one only has the large coax lead. The new loom has a small coax as well. (pic 6)
Both pics show the old boxes; the new leads are temporarily tucked behind.
I have found alternative boxes, on RAVE, Rimmers, and ebay. But I've also heard stories that the screen aeial changed over the years, so maybe no change needed. Mine is a late model mk1, 53 plate, I've noticed odd little things about it suggesting changes for the mk2.
So what is the truth behind all these things?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5 - present ae rhs.jpg (133.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 6 - present ae lhs.jpg (127.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 22nd September 2021, 17:52   #3
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Secondly, the spare connectors at the front end.
The head unit is actually a v.4 (BMW I believe). The loom is fully connected to it
The cd changer is in the boot - my choice, with this system installed it is normally in the glovebox. This means the bracket for the navcom in the boot has been modified, but everything is in place. I peeled back the lead for the cd changer from the loom at the front, to reach the boot. All relevant connecters on the units are plugged in, but leave some spare at the front, around the steering column area:

Pic 7 - id from RAVE is the connection to the satnav l/s. I don't have this - do I need it? I have spare speakers in the shed that I could use though.

Pic 9 - id is C0818, which should connect the (new) ICE loom to the main car loom.(Presumably I unplug the old loom, then plug this one in?). However I cannot find the connector to unplug.

Pic 10 & Pic 11 - I can't id these.

Stewart