Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th October 2021, 12:59   #21
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

The best solution is one that I have practiced most of my life.

Avoid people like the plague. There are times when I ignore even the wife and kids.

At best the majority of humans are a disappointment and at worst one ends up hating them.

Positive social interactions are for wimps. If you must indulge in such practices, get a dog (or a sheep if in Wales)!

The simpler solutions in life are always the best!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2021, 13:05   #22
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
3 bedroom "executive" lodge for 4 nights was around £650. Split between 3 couples, not bad at all really. I was quite surprised too! As cheap as a Travelodge almost!

Three couples in an 'executive lodge'....... I thought that was the preserve of the privileged, not those of Norfolk.

Anyway, should you be admitting to such engagements on a public forum?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2021, 14:08   #23
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
I have been told, the French rate people who have recently had it, better than those who have been vaccinated, for not transmitting it on.
Who told you that, Macron?
Are you aware the French, via that individual, have nicked 5 million doses that were coming to UK from Holland? So, irresponsible social mixing by the 'I'm holier than thou' brigade coupled with piracy. Strange bedfellows, but hey, who cares - it's a proxy war so sling the naysayers (or 'refusenicks') over the side.
Old 6th October 2021, 15:40   #24
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Who told you that, Macron?
Are you aware the French, via that individual, have nicked 5 million doses that were coming to UK from Holland? So, irresponsible social mixing by the 'I'm holier than thou' brigade coupled with piracy. Strange bedfellows, but hey, who cares - it's a proxy war so sling the naysayers (or 'refusenicks') over the side.
A French resident who has just come to the UK told me that proof you had had COVID was the most widely accepted document to gain entrance to places. Who told you about the French nicking our vaccines? I did read it myself in the gutter press this morning.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2021, 16:10   #25
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

It was on the front page of another paper on the rack after I took my regular one. There was also a story about a suggestion that 'we' might give special licences to French fishing boats if they agree to turn back migrant boats but that's off-topic. C'est la vie.
Old 6th October 2021, 18:44   #26
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
If the Israel study is correct, those who have natural immunity are 13 times less likely to get it again or pass it on, that can only be a good thing. I was at my Doctors on Monday and he had the virus in March after his jabs, he asked why I hadn't had them and I gave him my answer, my natural immunity will outlast the jabs and they can't add anything to my immune system that's needed, there's a train of thought that suggests the vaccines are causing immune system overload, this is why it's being thought that vaccinated people are the main ones in hospitals right now. The immune system does a job and fights off infection, to load it with more similar antibodies could be a trigger for a worse outcome, these are not my thoughts, they are from rational people in medicine studies. If you get the virus you should take lots of fluids, that's what got me through it I reckon.

I know nothing of this Israel study, nor any others really - I have no interest, as a survey will not stop me from contracting it (if it is the country, I am not sure I would trust it). But this is 'only 13 times', it is still not given, however it would be interesting to know the likelihood/comparison of contracting it again after being double jabbed - would you have the jabs if it was 15 times less likely to get it? I am just curious, but in all honesty, I have no feelings on whether people have it or not. I do though object to those not wearing a mask in private and public commercial premises when they are requested, but that is a different discussion lol. Having the jabs is a personal choice, I do though, believe in the benefits of herd immunity, and see the jabs as a 'head start' for an individual's natural immune system to do its thing. With the vaccination provided to be able to do this, and therefore reduce the workload on the health services. There are still many many more dying from the virus than from the vaccination.

The reason more people are in the hospital suffering from Covid could simply be down to the numbers of those who have had the virus than those who have not. (assuming you mean with Covid, but the headline figures here in NI read the opposite a couple of weeks ago, by quite a margin apparently - although I did not read further into this).

Again though, the vaccination is not supposed to stop anyone from getting it, but simply to reduce the effects of the virus if or when they contract it, and reducing the strain on the health service. Whether the vaccination or herd/natural immunity after contracting the virus has helped reduce the strain I really do not know.

Something to keep in mind though, is that whilst the virus had a manageable effect on you (or any individual), it may be 'received' very differently by someone else. Myself, I reckon I would suffer with and ultimately deal with it, but I know, my mother could not, my father would have difficulty with it. As you say, the vaccination could be a trigger for something else in the future and indeed has been for some unfortunate people, however these numbers are still a massive comparable minority. Future, long term side effects though may be a different story. but I would be quite confident that it will be quite safe - but I still wouldnt complain about someone not having it.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2021, 18:51   #27
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
I have been told, the French rate people who have recently had it, better than those who have been vaccinated, for not transmitting it on.
Why concern yourself what the French think? Do you think landing in New Zealand, the border guards are going to listen to your protestations that the 'French think previous contraction is better'?

The vaccination passport is just as acceptable in the Republic of Ireland, another EU country.

Old 6th October 2021, 19:17   #28
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I have spent a number of years in France, the country is as advanced as ours. My feeling is that if I just recovered from COVID I would have better immunity for a good number of months against the virus than offered by the vaccine.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2021, 19:25   #29
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
I have spent a number of years in France, the country is as advanced as ours. My feeling is that if I just recovered from COVID I would have better immunity for a good number of months against the virus than offered by the vaccine.
You may have been in France for a number of years in the past. The problem is, you are not there now, and maybe not going there soon? I assume you are still going to New Zealand, so your experience with France and their technical prowess will have absolutely no bearing on entry (not that I have suggested otherwise - it is such a strange comment to make, especially not to mention any other EU country ).

Why not satisfy yourself and move to an EU country, or even Scotland? Reading your comments today and in the past, England really does seem to have it in for you.

Old 6th October 2021, 21:05   #30
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
A French resident who has just come to the UK told me that proof you had had COVID was the most widely accepted document to gain entrance to places. Who told you about the French nicking our vaccines? I did read it myself in the gutter press this morning.
That's not true and I live in France.

The one most accepted is proof that you've had both jabs.----I actually don't know anyone that has that proof you suggest.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote