Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th December 2021, 07:48   #1
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Default BBC and the No 10 party

Here I go again about the BBC, everytime I turn the radio or TV on and the BBC are still going on about that party, yes it was bad but there is a lot of other stuff going on in the wourld and all they seem to be bothered about is a party.

Yesterday there was also the ''Whistle Blower'' about how bad they handled the Afganistan evacuation, they had a picture of him on the news, he looked like some one who had been on a youth opportunity program.

The BBC need to stop giving out all this negative propaganda contiuosly and start doing there job.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 08:31   #2
mbev51
Banned

Removed

As for the party, is it one rule for no10 and another for everyone else? You think that’s ok? Matt Hancock didn’t get away with it, and paid the price. I believe in the scrutiny, it ultimately allows us to make sensible decisions at the ballot box. The difficulty is latching on to what is true. I will certainly tune in today to PM’s question time.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 08:43   #3
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Apart from reinforcing what most of us already knew: that we have a PM who lies for the sake of it - there was a solicitor on TV last night saying he has five students facing £10,000 fines for holding a party. That's probably of relevance.
Old 8th December 2021, 08:45   #4
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
... the BBC are still going on about that party, yes it was bad but there is a lot of other stuff going on in the world ...

Yes, for example the scandalous incompetence of Social Services who failed to rescue Arthur and many other children before him.

It's not only the BBC Steve, it's popular journalism. The newspapers and ITV are at it as well.

Simon
Old 8th December 2021, 09:02   #5
Twisterboy
Loves to post

75 Connoisseur SE in BRG

One reason why I hardly watch the Beeb, only really watch it for one programme and one that comes on every so often, spend more time on Youtube watching videos and getting news in bitesize chunks.
Twisterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 10:03   #6
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
Here I go again about the BBC, everytime I turn the radio or TV on and the BBC are still going on about that party, yes it was bad but there is a lot of other stuff going on in the wourld and all they seem to be bothered about is a party.

Yesterday there was also the ''Whistle Blower'' about how bad they handled the Afganistan evacuation, they had a picture of him on the news, he looked like some one who had been on a youth opportunity program.

The BBC need to stop giving out all this negative propaganda contiuosly and start doing there job.

The BBC is there to report the news and analyse key events. If the top tiers of the government flout the very same laws that they are asking the general public to abide by then this is a matter of public interest. It is very much of public interest given the restrictions just introduced by the same government (restrictions which I support). It is evidently of interest to a number of posters here including myself. The BBC is doing its job!

To use your own words, have you considered the negativity and propaganda you put out in your regular anti-BBC posts?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 10:33   #7
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

The staff at No 10 are there to work for and support the operation of the PM's office. They are NOT the top tier of Government. they are but "officers" ie in an office. It is they who may lack responsibility.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 10:47   #8
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

The media are just toxic. I remember Bruce Forsyth, many years ago, being hounded by the media and he said "The only thing that you can believe is the date on the top of the page........... and maybe you need to double check that too!"

I am sickened by the amount on negativity in the world today. We need cheering up for goodness sake. Whatever happened to entertainment? Where are the comedians that make us laugh because they were funny rather than these foul mouthed folks who just cause embarassment. It seems that the only way they can get a laugh is at somebody else's expense. Rant over!

If I worked at No. 10, I would need a party to cheer me up! Let's face it, it wasn't a "party" really was it? Depends on your idea of a party! "Yes minister!"
Old 8th December 2021, 11:10   #9
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Tune in at 12 o’clock.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 11:24   #10
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
The staff at No 10 are there to work for and support the operation of the PM's office. They are NOT the top tier of Government. they are but "officers" ie in an office. It is they who may lack responsibility.

Are you suggesting that 'the staff' at number 10 would have held a party at the PM's office/home without authorisation by the PM?

If so, this is laughable!

MSS is offline   Reply With Quote