Old 23rd January 2022, 20:40   #22
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Thanks, that made me chuckle!
I like that sort of play on words and things that have double meanings.

Even things you can say but can't write down.

The farmer was sowing seeds in a field.
His wife was sewing clothes in the house.

They were both s------- ??????---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2022, 21:55   #23
Bazzateer

When Harry visits, any risk will be assessed just like any other visiting royal, politician etc. If there is deemed to be a risk then appropriate security will be provided. Andrew lives here so gets that on a daily basis.

Harry's issue is that he wants his private US security team to have access to intelligence held by UK authorities. That won't happen.
Old 25th January 2022, 23:07   #24
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzateer View Post
When Harry visits, any risk will be assessed just like any other visiting royal, politician etc. ........

I think you will find the policy to be exactly the opposite to what you say will happen.

What is your source of the information?
Old 26th January 2022, 14:38   #25
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
When Harry visits, any risk will be assessed just like any other visiting royal, politician etc. If there is deemed to be a risk then appropriate security will be provided. Andrew lives here so gets that on a daily basis.

Harry's issue is that he wants his private US security team to have access to intelligence held by UK authorities. That won't happen.
Agreed. The so-called 'risk' is also to those who surround the 'principle'. (note the lower case). As for American guns on UK ground....well...
Old 26th January 2022, 22:39   #26
Bazzateer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
I think you will find the policy to be exactly the opposite to what you say will happen.

What is your source of the information?
Personal knowledge of how the protection of principals in the UK works.
Old 26th January 2022, 22:42   #27
Bazzateer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Agreed. As for American guns on UK ground....well...
There are reciprocal agreements for certain principals of a higher profile than Harry.
Old 27th January 2022, 08:32   #28
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Personal knowledge of how the protection of principals in the UK works.

I'm afraid that is of zero value. There is no risk assessment and associated personal protection considerations for the vast majority of travellers - private citizens - into the UK.

The policy statement in this case is that he will not longer be treated like the other Royals. Is it not the case that former PM's are given personal protection as a matter of policy?
Old 28th January 2022, 06:39   #29
Bazzateer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
I'm afraid that is of zero value. There is no risk assessment and associated personal protection considerations for the vast majority of travellers - private citizens - into the UK.

The policy statement in this case is that he will not longer be treated like the other Royals. Is it not the case that former PM's are given personal protection as a matter of policy?
I never mentioned the vast majority of travellers.

It is risk based so yes, former PMs are given protection, as are many others assessed to be at risk. If Harry is assessed to be at risk, he will be given appropriate protection.
Old 28th January 2022, 09:00   #30
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
I never mentioned the vast majority of travellers.

It is risk based so yes, former PMs are given protection, as are many others assessed to be at risk. If Harry is assessed to be at risk, he will be given appropriate protection.
Clearly, your knowledge of the protection to be available for Prince Harry is greater than his own given that he is going to court for a judicial review of the decisions.

Given your focus on risk assessment, are you aware that most bad things occur when there are risk assessments in place?

Based on 30+ years of personal experience of risk based planning, here is how things often go in relation to risk assessment and management.....

Risk Assessor - performs analysis followed by the statement that there is 1% probability of failure

Programme manager - seeks funding and other resources to put in place mitigation actions for the 1% risk of failue

Senior/finance management/decision maker - Only 1% risk, so unlikely to happen. No need to action mitigations.

Reality - failure occurs.

Senior/financial controller - why did the failure occur? This should have been foreseen.

Programme manager - it was, it was made perfectly clear there was a non-zero probably that failure will occur. The programme plan was signed-off (by you/yours) on this basis.

Unhappy outcome!

Note - it is extremely rare that there is zero probability of failure. The real decision is therefore whether the entity is worth protecting i.e. would the cost of failure be acceptable. If it is worth protecting, you put in place full mitigations regardless of risk probabilities.

Last edited by MSS; 28th January 2022 at 09:02..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote