Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th January 2022, 23:14   #21
JettaGLI

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickshaw View Post
Well , for me , the threat of a potential sunroof leak does not put me off for two reasons :-
• There are enough guides around as to how to fix this .
• The simple preventative solution of running tape around the edge of the sunroof is easy to apply and looks perfectly ok.

I have a 2002 Saloon with Sunroof – to which I have applied the simple tape solution. Before doing this I did enjoy the delights of having the roof open but the days in the year one can do this are limited. I do , however , enjoy the extra light let into the cabin – and the glass alone does this well.

As with my other 75’s , the real joy is simply driving such a smooth , comfortable , well turned out truly British car – one in which I can get extra light into the cabin. So , unless there was a real sign of a bad leak , I would have probably gone for the car mentioned , taped up the sunroof and been perfectly happy to live like that. As for a belt , well that’s a pretty standard thing in time anyway.

Sometime I may apply the fix to the front drains but I am not in any hurry – the car is just a dream to drive and that more than makes up for having a closed up sunroof.
That’s bang on! I agree with everything you mentioned (that’s why it took me a while to decide as I thought of this yesterday too), still yet to commit as now the problem is I realised the cars overdue a cam belt change as mentioned above (done twice, the 2nd time in 2014/15, meaning another one due in 2020/21, granted would last longer than 6yrs but not sure I’d be willing to do it right away) - otherwise would have gone for it. What I was thinking was if I’d add 500 cam belt budget on top of the car, that’ll bring it to 2,000+, which I could find a example with better cosmetic conditions (that panel colour difference really bothers me) and probably with belt and other bits done

Edit: just out of interest, any specific tape you’d recommend?

Last edited by JettaGLI; 19th January 2022 at 00:41..
JettaGLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2022, 23:15   #22
JettaGLI

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Maybe this would suit you in the for sale section ?

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=317325
Too bad I want a manual, seems very difficult to find a pre-project drive, V6 manual, let along without sunroof, which leads me to wanting to revisit the car (after spending the night looking at auctions)…
Old 18th January 2022, 23:19   #23
JettaGLI

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
They're up a side street near the bottom of Ferry Road.

I used to get work done by a mechanic mate of mine a couple of miles away but he's more or less retired now, only does light jobs to keep himself occupied. His back is knackered, too many years of crawling around under cars!

If you fancy a wee day out there's Dunc (Cossie Dunc) out at Whitburn. I can highly recommend him as will many others in the central Scotland area.
Thanks Steve, do you reckon Thompson’s has moved to Restalrig as that’s what their name returns on Google? If that’s indeed the same garage I’ll give them a call just to consult their opinion
Old 19th January 2022, 07:11   #24
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Don't be in a rush to buy Ming, there's still over 12,000 Rover 75's taxed and not far off as many SORNed, so the right car is out there somewhere.

Be prepared to travel when you find it though, good luck with your search
Old 19th January 2022, 09:04   #25
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Because it's lovely to open the sunroof on idyllic summer days to let in the fresh air and enjoy a certain closeness with nature. It's equally enjoyable on a hot night when driving home through a town or city still alive with people. I find that air conditioning can feel very claustrophobic in situations like these. Also, the glass panel lets in welcome light all the year around making the interior feel more spacious.

Are you nodding or shaking your head Julien?

Simon

PS I haven't had a leak from mine ... yet!
No not at all I have a sunroof, and do open it on the odd occasion,

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2022, 10:52   #26
JettaGLI

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic ZS View Post
Don't be in a rush to buy Ming, there's still over 12,000 Rover 75's taxed and not far off as many SORNed, so the right car is out there somewhere.

Be prepared to travel when you find it though, good luck with your search
Thanks, that’s very true. Though I have to admit having to come down on a weekend can be such a pain, some areas are easier (ie London) but some others are such a pain to get via public transport (granted I have access to an EV, but planning charges can be annoying) with very expensive tickets (to Yorkshire can be a lot more expensive than to London…). If the car’s in condition as the owner described then I wouldn’t mind, but too often they’re not these days…
Old 19th January 2022, 10:55   #27
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
No not at all I have a sunroof, and do open it on the odd occasion,

Rev.

It opens more than your wallet so I hear!
Old 19th January 2022, 11:47   #28
egremont
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. Auto. Saloon. SE

Default Another positive for having a sunroof.

There is another positive in having a Sunroof!
Don’t forget the venting option. When used the door windows and sunroof will open a tad to allow hot air to escape. As the roof is the interiors highest point, the hottest air is able to escape through the sunroof. Dealers can activate this option via the T4.
Even if the car may be super locked; by inserting the key blade into the door lock and turning it the windows will lower a bit and the sunroof move backwards a little. As the glass is only lowered a couple of inches, or so, the car remains secured.
People sometimes forget just how hot a closed car can become. With plenty of glass they are like a gardeners hot house. Sadly, newspaper report (at least here in Melbourne) the grieving news of a child dying inside an unattended locked car. The interior temperature can easily exceeded 50⁰C on a warm / hot day.
And on a hot day, I find it more comfortable to be in a cooler ventilated car.
egremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2022, 13:11   #29
cantabro75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conn SE 2004

all cars i had have been with sun roof and except on the Rover 620 si all have had leack,,,including the 75
I have change the drains tubes, but also found someting very efective on a German Forum of the S class,,,the Silicon grass, you can put in on arround the roof and made a SEAL that even you open and close is there, i remove it in September and put again and no problem
Old 19th January 2022, 15:39   #30
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
It opens more than your wallet so I hear!
How double dare you, don't take any notice of that person who has a two foot pocket think he lives in Brigg. LOL!

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote