Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th April 2014, 17:57   #1
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

Default Message to all members and the mods

I can not thank all the members enough for the support you have given to lovema 75.
It has proved what the club stands for to help others not only with car problems but when someone is down on there luck.
Your generosity has lost me for words and thats saying something lol always full of **** me lol.
I started the thread of yesterday about we can let david leave like this and again I cant thank you enough for your support on that thread . Then well what can I say then Das68 started the lovema 75 fund and again lost for words. Thank you all again

Now message for the mods no not trying to cause trouble at all, but please see the surpport lovema 75 has had from most of the members, now the message that gives me is they will not stand for bullying of any sort on these forum's. So please now lets stop it, any one bullying ban them simple as its not right and the members will not sit back and watch it happen. I feel if it happens again you will lose alot of respect from your members, so please stop it now.
Old 12th April 2014, 18:00   #2
ratsalad
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Contemporary SE,Tourer - Auto

Well said Sean, totally agree

Membership Number:
001 607

Past Rover cars: P6 3500S, SD1 3.5, 2 x SD1 2.6, 2 x 820 Si.

Current: Rover 75
Contemporary SE CDTi Tourer, Auto.
https://s20.postimg.cc/g20qde31p/Rover75.jpg

Old 12th April 2014, 18:07   #3
Ratty
I really should get out more.......

MG ZTT CDTI Honda Jazz 1.4 Auto

I totally agree with you Sean NO need for any Bullying. Instant ban for anybody that does it.
Old 12th April 2014, 18:14   #4
blowncrv
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

I think this has shown that the majority feel that this club is what "traditional" car clubs are about,the camaraderie that the love of ones car brings.Long may it continue, bullying has no place in society,full stop.
Old 12th April 2014, 18:29   #5
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Hi Seancar and everyone, I have messaged Lovema 75 to request more information about what has caused him to want to withdraw from the club. I know not of this bullying being reported by others so cannot comment until I have heard from David.

Rest assured, we here at the Owners Club strive to build and maintain a pleasant environment and encourage members to get along even if they don't always see eye to eye.

If anyone ever feels they are being intimidated, threatened or bullied by other members, please report it to a moderator, that includes Private Messages which always have a 'report message' button with them.

That is the only way any of us can see first hand and help if appropriate in such circumstances.

You'll appreciate, several of us Greens are currently tied up with the Weekend Club meets, but there are always others holding the fort, rest assured.

The key issue here is to inform a team member if you are having a problem with another member, so that we can help.
Old 12th April 2014, 18:40   #6
DaveyC
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T Diesel

Totally agree with you Sean.
Old 12th April 2014, 18:46   #7
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Hi Seancar and everyone, I have messaged Lovema 75 to request more information about what has caused him to want to withdraw from the club. I know not of this bullying being reported by others so cannot comment until I have heard from David.

Rest assured, we here at the Owners Club strive to build and maintain a pleasant environment and encourage members to get along even if they don't always see eye to eye.

If anyone ever feels they are being intimidated, threatened or bullied by other members, please report it to a moderator, that includes Private Messages which always have a 'report message' button with them.

That is the only way any of us can see first hand and help if appropriate in such circumstances.

You'll appreciate, several of us Greens are currently tied up with the Weekend Club meets, but there are always others holding the fort, rest assured.

The key issue here is to inform a team member if you are having a problem with another member, so that we can help.
Thank you paul you are the first of the green team to say anything on this subject. Thank you for looking into this and thank you for you quick answer. Now get your hand in your pocket and donate lol . Cheers mate
Old 12th April 2014, 20:38   #8
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post

Nice to see a Moderator give a well reasoned response. I've never met Lovema but from his posts I know he's too nice a guy to "name and shame" those who are happy to kick a man when he's down.
So although I've never met Lovema, I have met Sean and when Sean said it was a worthwhile cause that was good enough for me.
Old 12th April 2014, 20:52   #9
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
I totally agree with you Sean NO need for any Bullying. Instant ban for anybody that does it.
I agree with the instant ban, or better still, permanent banishment from the club. I see the problem as although the FAQ's show how moderators will deal with such matters if they are posted on the open forum, there is no clear advice on how a recipient of a spiteful PM should deal with it.
I recommend the club makes it clear that club rules also apply to PM's, perhaps then these psychological bullies will stop hiding behind PM's.
Old 12th April 2014, 21:01   #10
MikeG.
Banned

Rover 75 saloon. 1.8. VVC.

Would it not be in the interest of club to name those who have hurt David. .? So we can steer clear...?
Makes sense to me..
Closed Thread