Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th August 2019, 19:59   #1
thanos.m
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Default Rain sensing wipers

Hi Everyone,
My new 75 a 53 plate Connie se v6 is equipped with the rain sensing wipers but I've been having wierd issues with them initially when I bought the car they weren't working at all my wipers operated like non rain sensing wipers one day out of the blue they started working perfectly I'd leave them in interminted and they would adjust the speed acourdingly. Now they've gone back to not working no matter the rain they will just stay In the interminted setting that is selected the windscreen is clean any ideas ?
Regards,
Thanos
thanos.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2019, 16:17   #2
rovertone
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Conne SE Auto CDTi

I had the same problem so I disconnected the windscreen sensor and the wipers reverted back to manually controlled intermittent. Not sure whether they are all the same but it worked for me.
Also 2004 Rover 25 SXi CVT, 1999 Megane Cabriolet and still missing my 800 Fastback
rovertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2019, 16:25   #3
smudge.g
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDTi Connie SE

Sorry to ask but have you experimented with the sensitivity setting (on the end of the stalk) ??
My 75 Tourer CDTi was born Saturday, 21st June 2003 @ 09:50

My 75 was the 18,749th 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
It was the 195th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 2,074
and the 1,789th 75 Tourer in Wedgewood Blue Metallic (code: JEL) to be made out of 1,871 Wedgewood Blue Metallic 75 Tourers
smudge.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2019, 17:58   #4
Charles
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connossieur SE

I don't think the windscreen sensor on my car has worked in all the time I have had it (since it was 6 years old). Never having had rain-sensitive wipers before, I haven't missed it, but if there is a simple fix I'd be happy to give it a go. I just assumed that the rain sensor was faulty, but perhaps someone knows better?
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2019, 19:57   #5
thanos.m
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Yeah i have have tried with the sensitivity settings doesn't seem to make a difernece the wippers just work like normal ones what surprises me is that they just started working and then went back to not working I'm wondering what could be the corporate the stalk maybe ?
Well currently im dealing with car being flooded from the notorious sunroof drain pipes so I'll have to deal with that first 😆
Old 10th August 2019, 21:02   #6
rovertone
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Conne SE Auto CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I don't think the windscreen sensor on my car has worked in all the time I have had it (since it was 6 years old). Never having had rain-sensitive wipers before, I haven't missed it, but if there is a simple fix I'd be happy to give it a go. I just assumed that the rain sensor was faulty, but perhaps someone knows better?
All I did was remove the cover off the back of the sensor, disconnected the wire and I have normal intermittent wipe operated via the stalk ended all the frustration of the rain sensor mode.
Also 2004 Rover 25 SXi CVT, 1999 Megane Cabriolet and still missing my 800 Fastback
rovertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2019, 14:03   #7
thanos.m
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

thanks for all the replies,
Well, my wipers work like standard wipers whether the rain sensor is plugged in or not. I would like to get them working again. I need some help to diagnose as to what part is at fault here Also I am wondering if the car flooding from sunroof drain pipes has anything to do with wipers not working as intended. Another weird thing that happened when I was trying to dry the car under the carpet the wipers started working with the ignition key off the switch and stalk off as well but when when I turned the ignition on the wipers stopped.
Regards,
Thanos