Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th November 2010, 10:57   #21
sratansi
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfletcher View Post
I repaired my number plate light fitting and fitted leds which look great. Only thing is the left hand side keeps blowing but the right hand side works perfectly. Going to try 1 more led and if it goes i'll be going back to standard bulbs too

Did you just replace the bulb with a LED bulbs or did you install LED Strips?

Missing that Rover 75 feeling..
Rover 75 CDTI Auto Connie 55 plate - Gone now..

BMW 325 E92 written off

Maybe one final flirt with a MG ZT
sratansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 14:49   #22
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sratansi View Post
another mod is to put LED strips in the boot. When i get time in between exam revision, i want to attempt to put some LED strips in my boot..

Should be a relativly easy mod..
Just thought i'd bump this to say I shamelessly stole this idea from you.

Wired in parallel with the existing halogen bulb, much much better!

Used these.
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 14:56   #23
bluey9
Banned

2004 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connoisseur Saloon, 2006 MG TF Spark 135, Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi

A fishtail parka, a tonic suit and a pair of jam shoes?

:xmas-smiley-031:
bluey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 19:38   #24
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Some of my mods ive done to the ZT thus far....

Essential Maintance - V6 belts and other such mods (chewed up my budget rightly post christmas!), often ignored by many, but I wont do a thing until my cars 100% perfect and safe
Load of safety kit - Again, often over looked mods and with massive wheel well make use of it, ive filled the car with 5 reflective vests, first aid kit, some eye wash, plastic gloves, water proof solid gloves, eye projectors googles, spare oil and coolant in small 500ml bottles as well as a decent crowbar incase of accident/crash emergencies and a big old rug also just incase.
Had some OEM features activated also on the T4 which are awesome
Auto wipers
Auto locking
One click entry
Courtsey lights
- Front and rear lights stay on after switching on car, wonderful in wimter time atm!
Fitted sunvisors with convience lights - Again nice and simple and misses loves it for her make-up, took me an hour to fit diy.
Puddle Lights front and rear, wired to the individual head lining switch (so when doors open, all lights come on, but if someone swtiches on one light, then only their light and their puddle light comes on)
Just finished filling the boot with flexable LED strips also, wired of exsisting light. About 12 strips used in total, lovely red glow to the boot when its open, maing the shopping trip more enjoyable imo.
Radio Guys Double Din Head Unit - Enough said
190 Calpiers/Discs front (going on on Januray the 3rd, uprated from my standard along with whole new braking kit all round)
Renault Laguna Splitter (sitting ready to go)
By far the most drastic have been the MG 7 Tail lights and optional X Power Bodykit which IMO really toughen up and modernise the ZT.

Got a load of stuff sitting waiting to get fitted and done still also.

Got a IPK pack that ive changed from white to red coloured and a white clock changed to red coloured also (I like the submarine style!) waiting to get fitted when i get the chance.
New key to get programmed
Cars going to have the main ecu reflashed from a 160 ZT to a 177 Rover 75 Manual by BXR cars at same time as IPK and Keys, already done the test work, wont be an issue for him!
De-cat
V8 K and N and pipes from my previous induction kit waiting to be fitted also!

Cant wait!
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 21:04   #25
baggie9
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar s Type

Has anyone fitted vanity mirrows in the rear quaters,they are colour coded and could be wired of the rear internal light.
baggie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 09:11   #26
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
Just thought i'd bump this to say I shamelessly stole this idea from you.

Wired in parallel with the existing halogen bulb, much much better!

Used these.
They look as if they might also serve stuck as two strips under the boot lip, to give more light into the boot - what do you think, bright enough for the job?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 19:02   #27
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
They look as if they might also serve stuck as two strips under the boot lip, to give more light into the boot - what do you think, bright enough for the job?
Thats what i've done - between the seal and the light I've stuck one, and it seems to produce a lot more light. It's not a floodlight or anything, but it means I can actually see now.

2 would be even better, but I don't really have any bootspace left thanks to my subs so I dont need to light much.

If you had the time they'd make brilliant footwell / puddle lights...
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2010, 14:24   #28
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

rear spoiler and full chrome front grill ,chrome body strips is all that is missing
Old 19th December 2010, 19:12   #29
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

I've also a pair of those LED strips as boot lights and they're miles better than the standard bulb. They give the boot a really cool icy glow in the dark too! I've bought a couple of amber LED strips which will be installed as ambinet footwell lighting when the weather warms up - they go rather brittle in the cold plus the glue's rubbish.
LeRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 15:29   #30
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
Thats what i've done - between the seal and the light I've stuck one, and it seems to produce a lot more light. It's not a floodlight or anything, but it means I can actually see now.

2 would be even better, but I don't really have any bootspace left thanks to my subs so I dont need to light much.

If you had the time they'd make brilliant footwell / puddle lights...
These have just turned up, but no indication of polarity of the connection. One clear wire, one with a slight pink or orange tint. Which is the positive please? Do they burn out or simply not work if connected wrong way (ie reverse protection diode fitted)?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote